Zorin Desktop Icon always without permission

Dear All,

Does anyone here knows, why most icons I set to desktop, have permissions issues? Btw I don´t use Ext4 for my desktop but a NTFS.

"Linux uses the ext4 and ext3 file systems rather than NTFS for a few reasons. First, the ext4 and ext3 file systems are native to the Linux kernel, which means they are well-integrated and optimized for performance on Linux systems. Additionally, these file systems support features that are important for Linux, such as permissions, ownership, and symbolic links. NTFS, on the other hand, is a proprietary file system developed by Microsoft for Windows, and while there is some support for NTFS in Linux, it may not offer the same level of performance and integration as the native ext4 and ext3 file systems."

[Source: https://www.quora.com/Why-does-Linux-use-ext4-ext3-rather-than-NTFS]

My best recommendation would be to reinstall, using ext4 or ZFS. That ensures that the OS runs well.

Then, have an external drive for all your personal files, formatted as NTFS.

This has some distinct advantages:

1. The drive is external, so if you have to bug out due to an emergency, you can just grab that drive and run... plug that drive into any computer capable of reading NTFS (which should be pretty much any computer), and you've got access to your files.

2. If the OS glitches and has to be reinstalled or rolled back to a previous iteration, all your personal files are safe on that external drive.

If you want to get fancy, you can do this:

Alright I have already done that, all locations work except for Desktop items, regarding the issue I had, now is gone since I moved all items to Home Folder\Desktop, yes it needs ext4 partition to work properly, but on a kde based distro NTFS works as well, is weird.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.