Zorin has potential but like all other Distros of Linux, lacks

OperaGX is a privacy-invasive browser and I wouldn't recommend using it if you sincerely care about not getting your data exploited.
There are so many good browsers out there with better performance, privacy, cross-platform and features but you've chosen a Windows exclusive that's basically a Chromium Reskin. Recommend Brave or Firefox.

This is an Nvidia issue. I have problems on RTX mobile as well. Nvidia driver on Linux takes some time to be stable.

That's because Razer Synapse is a windows exclusive. There are alternative software for this, a quick search would throw many results.

Essentially, aside from hardware compatibility issues, it boils down to how much you're willing to change. You changed your operating system, can you not change apps like Browser and Razer synapse? Up to you.

No offense but that's quite possibly the worst opinion I've ever read on a FOSS OS. The power of Zorin lies in open source. If you want something closed source and privacy invasive, you can always use Windows, it's possibly the best OS for people who don't mind getting their data stolen or worse performance and security.

The point is, if you're trying alternatives, go all the way till the end. Try to find what works and what doesn't, and if it doesn't, Windows is always there as a last resort.

4 Likes

OpenRGB Should work Open Razer ect..

What would be closed source accomplished? being closed source is not what what garnishes success or wide acceptance, Apple has invested something 20Billion in r&d on macos / macbooks /imacs ~ and only have a small portion of the market share. Simply put, MS beat others to wider acceptance to the market earlier and therefore became the standard, personally, i liked GEOS and DeskMate more but i digress.

I'm running dual GIGABYTE G27QC monitors on a igpu (Ryzen 5700G) on my desktop at home, on Zorin Pro no issues, so not sure what the dual monitor issue is, and I game and work/browse the interwebs at the same time as well.

For me, Zorin has been a replacement for Windows, and I've tried many distros over the years, K/L/X/Ubuntu, Mandrake, Slackware, SLax,PCLInuxOS, Mint, WInFX, Arch, and others whose names i forgotten, And ZOrin is at least to me is the most Polished, and End User friendly i've found, Seconded by Mint&Elementary

I'm sorry people have taken time out of their day to help you.

2 Likes

There have been a lot of good comments so far, addressing concerns and offering alternative software suggestions.

Being a helpful member is rewarding in many ways - from helping everyone to learn and expand their horizons, to turning problems into solutions.
Not every suggestion will be helpful, but every member can be helpful.

To this end, it is time to close this thread.
The O.P. has moved on, leaving us with the remnants of what he left in our trash can on the way out.

3 Likes