Zorin is running very slow

hmm....can you please select on KDE multiverse and universe and post the screenshots I am on windows right now so i can't try them out myself.

1 Like

how to backup ?

screenshots:-

Tagging @Aravisian for help. I have very little experience with synaptic (I use the terminal more) and I don't want the OP to remove essential packages.

1 Like

can you help me to back up my data?

is here any way to remove kde from terminal? (because you are more comfortable with terminal.)

Just as you said, really...

Another option is to use the Search Function on the top toolbar. Type in plasma and mark all packages that contain plasma in the name for removal.
Type in kde and mark all packages that contain kde in the name or have K at the beginning such as "kwallet", "kwin, etc for removal.
Then click apply.

3 Likes

do you mean i have to mark all of these ?

1 Like

Yep, all of them.

1 Like

yeah the installed ones (marked with green).

1 Like

I find synaptic to be a little risky actually. Remember the "libc6-i386" case, when someone (can't actually remember who) had problems scanning and removed an essential package using synaptic.

1 Like

i noticed that it has kwin 11 package and as far i know it is a important package.

please help me to backup first...

It's fine. You can remove it all. I would not endanger you.
Besides... This is only being done in order to reinstall KDE, anyway.

All installations or removals on any Operating System contain this element of risk.
The user is responsible to Learn and Know their system. There is no OS that can think for you.
It can be risky to use the terminal or autoremove or gdebi...
Risk is mitigated by knowing what you are doing, not guessing.

4 Likes

I will note that down.

1 Like

Me, too, I guess... :neutral_face:

1 Like

I find you very inspiring....I have noted all your quotes.

1 Like

i tried to select but it is giving me the option that to (mark for installation)
does that mean that will be installed after clicking that ?

mark for installation?
No you are supposed to select mark for removal...You need to remove the packages that are marked with green.

2 Likes

hive i done correct ?

now i am selecting the search result of kde.

i have seen the name of some software which i have installed like kdenlive and flameshot. will that software uninstall after this process ? :cry: