Zorin keep freezing and keyring error

I am on Zorin os 17, i am rly enoying it! Although,sometimes my screen just freezes for 8-10 seconds and then turns black for 1-2 seconds and then its unfreezed, any way to fix this? its rly anoying just like the keyring error whenever i open my browser it asks for the keyring how do i fully disable this

P.S is there any way to change the bootloader order so windows is first and then zorin os

Could you please provide us with make/model of desktop/notebook?
To change the boot order you need to edit GRUB.

With regards to the keyring issue:

If you have set your machine to autologin you are going to face issues when you need to update the system.

2 Likes

Welcome to the Forum!

For Your Grub Thing I think this Article could be helpful:

Can you please explain what you mean by this? I have always had my Linux machines set up for autologin and I have never had a problem that I know of with updates.

You normally need to provide your login password to elevate yourself to 'root'. Alternatively if you set up a separate administrator account you could then always login as a Standard user with autologin.

Hi Swarf,
Thanks for the reply but I'm still not sure how that causes problems with updates. Any time my system wants to do an update it asks for my password. Which I think is a good thing. It lets me know what is going on and keeps my system from doing an update while I am right in the middle of doing something I don't want to have interrupted.

I dont remeber the name, but i have a Asus laptop and other distros also have had the freeze

Hi Jumpin,

Can you please open a terminal (Menu | Utilities | Terminal) and enter:

sudo lshw -C video

and post back the results.

*-display                 
       description: VGA compatible controller
       product: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI]
       vendor: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI]
       physical id: 0
       bus info: pci@0000:03:00.0
       logical name: /dev/fb0
       version: c2
       width: 64 bits
       clock: 33MHz
       capabilities: pm pciexpress msi msix vga_controller bus_master cap_list fb
       configuration: depth=32 driver=amdgpu latency=0 resolution=1920,1080
       resources: irq:46 memory:c0000000-cfffffff memory:d0000000-d01fffff ioport:e000(size=256) memory:d0500000-d057ffff

ok i did the commands when im back from school ill see if it works :smiley:

Edit: It works! Thx so much

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.