Zorin Lite notification icon sizes differ

I am also having the same issue.

Can I delete the default notification plugin and install some other plugin which will have the same size. Is it possible?

I tried doing the below steps but did not solve it.

Which icon set are you using?

1 Like

Papirus-light. Whichever icon set I use (eiether the default or papirus-light) the notificatio icon alone gets bigger in size when compared to other items when the panel size is kept higher than a Particular level say 33 for papirus-light and 41 for the default icon set. I like to keep the panel somewhat bigger in size.

Can you please switch to the Zorin Icon set (Just for testing) and relay if the icon sizes seem mismatched after doing so?

1 Like

The above is when panel is kept with size 42.

The above is when panel is kept with size 41.

1 Like

And this is on the Zorin Icon set, correct?

2 Likes

Yes the default one.

1 Like

Great, thanks for doing that. Using your image as a guide, I am cross-checking the icon against the index.theme of the icon set.

2 Likes

Deleting and installing another plugin will have no effect as the Icon Set index.theme determines icon size (In most cases, not all cases).
In the Zorin Icon index.theme, I see the following:

# Notifications

[48x48/notifications]
Context=Status
Size=48
Type=Fixed

# Panel
[16x16/panel]
Context=Status
Size=16
Type=Fixed

[22x22/panel]
Context=Status
Size=22
Type=Fixed

[24x24/panel]
Context=Status
Size=24
Type=Fixed

I suspect Papyrus is themed the same way.

We could test this further, if you felt like it... by you installing (temporarily) one of my icon sets and seeing if it displays the sizes incorrectly.

However, you may try changing the index.theme of the Icon set. I am not sure if this will work, since I did not make the theme.
Notifications is on line 302 of the Zorin Icon theme.
Elevate to root

sudo -i

nautilus

Navigate to /usr/share/icons/zorin/index.theme
Right click on index.theme and select copy, then paste the copy in that folder. This is to create a backup if things go wrong.

Scroll down to line 302 and change the contents to:

[48x48/notifications]
Context=Status
Size=22
MinSize=16
MaxSize=256
Type=Scalable

Save But Do Not Close The File
Keep the file open in case you need to undo these changes.
After saving but not closing the file, load up payrus, then load up the Zorin Icon set and see if the notification bell has a new and similar size to the rest of the icons.

If it does, then repeat the above steps in the Papyrus icon theme.
If it does not, then we may need to adjust the panel icons.
If the icon goes insane, undo the changes in the above still open file with ctrl+z keyboard shortcut and save the file.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.