ZORIN logo at boot time

Until a recent update, I used to see a nice ZORIN logo at boot, and also at shutdown. But now all I see is a lot of text that flies by quickly. Is there a way I can get back the ZORIN logo and get rid of all that text? Thank you in advance.

1 Like

While the text is showing, click any button on your keyboard, it should work :wink:

It did't work. Maybe I uninstalled the ZORIN logo by mistake? Do you know where it's located?

Are you using Zorin OS 16 or Zorin OS 15?

I'm using Zorin OS 15

sudo apt install plymouth-theme-zorin-logo

Then apply the theme:

sudo update-alternatives --config default.plymouth

Choose the number that corresponds with Zorin Logo

sudo update-initramfs -u

I did it, and nothing changed.

> luiz@luiz-Aspire-5315:~$ sudo apt install plymouth-theme-zorin-logo
> [sudo] password for luiz:         
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree       
> Reading state information... Done
> plymouth-theme-zorin-logo is already the newest version (2.2).
> 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
> luiz@luiz-Aspire-5315:~$ sudo update-alternatives --config default.plymouth
> There are 2 choices for the alternative default.plymouth (providing /usr/share/plymouth/themes/default.plymouth).
> 
>   Selection    Path                                                       Priority   Status
> ------------------------------------------------------------
> * 0            /usr/share/plymouth/themes/zorin-logo/zorin-logo.plymouth   160       auto mode
>   1            /usr/share/plymouth/themes/spinner/spinner.plymouth         70        manual mode
>   2            /usr/share/plymouth/themes/zorin-logo/zorin-logo.plymouth   160       manual mode
> 
> Press <enter> to keep the current choice[*], or type selection number: 
> luiz@luiz-Aspire-5315:~$ sudo update-initramfs -u
> update-initramfs: Generating /boot/initrd.img-5.4.0-87-generic
> W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/i915/tgl_dmc_ver2_04.bin for module i915
> W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/i915/skl_guc_33.0.0.bin for module i915
> W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/i915/bxt_guc_33.0.0.bin for module i915
> W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/i915/kbl_guc_33.0.0.bin for module i915
> W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/i915/glk_guc_33.0.0.bin for module i915
> W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/i915/kbl_guc_33.0.0.bin for module i915
> W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/i915/icl_guc_33.0.0.bin for module i915
> luiz@luiz-Aspire-5315:~$

I have Zorin 16 Core and have the same issues with the text. I'd much rather see that sexy glowing Zorin logo.

Open /etc/default/grub or

sudo nano /etc/default/grub

And relay what is on these lines:
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT=
and
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX=

Changed from Customization to General.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.