Zorin next version

Thats why I love XFCE too, it allows us to customize, so we can make our OS’s beautiful, just like our soul’s within us. :smile:

They have already, it’s called KDE.

Yeah, I tried Kubuntu, and the customization was amazing, but there were some quirks. Maybe I’ll try it again sometime soon.

When Zorin 16 will be released?

When will the new Zorin be released? what is the name that was released next? Zorin version 16 or 17 or18 or 19 or 20?

Allthough Zorin next version will approximately based on ubuntu 20.04.x is it maybe planed to give Zorin OS the ability to join Active Directory on Setup?

Compared to this:

Why use Zorin if you're just going to change DE's? Wouldn't Mint or Ubuntu Cinammon be better?

1 Like

Many reasons.

Cinnamon runs better on Zorin OS than on Mint. It really does. On Mint, the OS tends to bog down pretty quickly. On Zorin, it stays light and speedy even running weeks without a reboot.
Zorin OS contains a lot of support packages I prefer.
Zorin OS is meshed well, allowing me to transfer desktop components out in a modular manner. Mint uses Mintsources which binds you exclusively to Mint.

I Have used Ubuntu 20.04 Cinnamon and it also runs slower than Zorin OS does.
Zorin has long been known for its excellent Performance.
I have tested it, benchmarked it many times and always reached the same results.

Ok. Sounds quite justified, although I'm sure it took skill to change DE's.

Do you know how Zorin has better performance? Just curious to learn more.

There are some moments... but over-all, I would consider it easy enough for anyone to do.
Most of the time, it is as simple as sudo apt install... But experience has taught that there are a couple things to keep in mind.

I have tried figuring this out. I have disassembled Zorin OS looking for what configurations or what packages may be included... Until stumped.
Even considering that it was all hype and illusion (which is what led to all the testing.)
I do not know... and they are not talking. :wink:

I've tried upgrading to GNOME 40 on Ubuntu 21.04, and it bricked my system, even though I was using a tutorial. However, I've learned a lot since, and I guess adding another DE would be easier than upgrading to an unsupported one because of package conflicts and dependency hell.

So you asked the devs where the performance is coming from?

Yes, I actually did. And Artyom gave a rather vague roundabout answer that very politely suggested I mind my own business LOL.
The most entertaining part of it was: The way he worded his response implied that he wasn't sure either.
I highly doubt it.
:grin:

Yes, this is a whole 'nother animal to installing a standard Desktop Environment. I installed gtk 3.24 on Zorin OS 12.4 and on Zorin OS 15.: Not For The Timid, I can tell you.

Classic British politeness, LOL.

1 Like