Zorin OS 16 Core Installation Problem

Please note that you can install the extra softwares in core by yourself with added effort.

1 Like

what is programs type that runs on pro and not running on core

Sometimes running on wine is better than on windows itself like playing red alert 2 and some old games.

2 Likes

As @Elegant_Emperor pointed out, they are the same type as you can install on your own on Core.
Zorin OS Pro does not unlock performance, features or stability.
Using Pro will not increase the chances of an installation going correctly.

Pro does come with Installation Support directly from the ZorinGroup. It may take some time for them to reply to you if you go that route.

2 Likes

I'm not tring to install pro. I just want to know what is programs type that runs on pro and not running on core.
cuz in zorin website they said profetional programs are not available on zorin core, what does this mean

It does not say that they are not available on Core. They are available on Core and on Lite - in fact, I have some of them installed on Lite.
They do not come pre-installed with Core and Lite, only come pre-installed on Pro.

@Aravisian he know my experiences with amd and vram on my gpu in a computer.

2 Likes

okay thank you

Screenshot 2022-03-09 at 12-17-42 pre-installed on Zorin OS Pro - Google Search

is there any linux destros better then zorin in performance and security and programmes package (better in general) to install??

You can search for information about Zorin OS Pro (which was previously called Zorin OS Ultimate) on the Search Engine.

1 Like

what about core does it support these programs? can I install them on core?

In Zorin OS Pro, you can directly use it. While Zorin OS Core you must install first and then use it.

1 Like

Okay good

is there any linux destros better than zorin in performance and security and programmes package (better in general) to install?

This is not so easy to answer. Any person may claim that their preferred choice is better and often for valid reasons.
There may be many distros that offer something that suits you better than any other distro.
For me, I have noted improved performance using Zorin OS against the many distros I have tried.
But it has things I do not like, too - Like Pulseaudio, SystemD, and other things.

In case if the installation of zorin won't work again what linux you recommend for beginners at linux and for the professional work??

I also like MX Linux a lot.
As well as Linux Mint, which is good for beginners.
For older machines, Antix Linux shows good performance and is the only distro I ever tested that topped out at speeds faster than Zorin OS, but is an extreme lightweight OS and very slim.
Many people say POP_OS is quite good and it has good support.

1 Like

Okay I will search