Zorin OS 16 Core Preinstallation Environment

Hi, I just wanted to point out that during the pre-install of zorin os 16 core, before showing the language selection menu, the installation environment takes a little while to load because I assume that some packages will be downloaded, at that time delay should indicate a box dialog box that warns that packages are being downloaded so as not to confuse a crash. It is often confused as if the system crashed, this happens if the internet connection is slow, I must assume that those who have a good internet connection do not notice it and immediately move on to the language selection.

Thanks and regards to the Zorin OS community for their great work in maintaining the system.

You are correct, those of us who have fast connections don't notice it as much.

Also, keep in mind, you also have the option to install the OS, without doing the downloaded packages and drivers. That of course would make the install quicker. And of course, all that stuff could be downloaded after the fact, drivers and such.

But alas, sounds like you got it installed in the end. But thanks for the feedback! Can't wait to hear what you think of Zorin OS, after you have had a chance to use it for awhile.

2 Likes

I often do that when the internet connection is slow or the system is slow.

1 Like

And with a swing of your magic wand, and a click of the mouse, you say be gone driver downloads, you shall not slow down my install. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.