[Released 12/9/21] Zorin OS 16 Lite?

Does anyone know why there are not a zorin os 16 lite version yet?

1 Like

Zorin OS has released Pro and Core and are currrently developing Lite and Education. As a team of Two People, the Zorin Group sometimes must prioritize the releases in order to focus and manage their time.

Zorin OS Lite shouldn't be too long in being released.

5 Likes

Ok, Thanks for the info!

2 Likes

And is there going to be a Lite and a Lite Pro? What's the difference?

Yes, Zorin OS Lite is currently in development. Zorin OS Pro users will be offered Zorin OS Lite Pro immediately upon release since Lite is included with Zorin OS Pro.

As far as what makes Lite Pro different from Zorin OS Lite... I am no longer sure.

Zorin OS Lite will come with more preinstalled apps. However, Zorin OS Pro is a New Edition to the Zorin OS Lineup, not a name-change on Zorin Ultimate. Zorin OS Ultimate is no longer going to be offered.
Perhaps the ZorinGroup may address what Zorin OS lite Pro offers shortly.

3 Likes

Thanks Aravisian . . .

2 Likes

Question. Going back to Z15, was Lite the same as Core except for XFCE DE instead of Gnome DE? i.e. similar bundle of apps (excluding Gnomish apps of course)?

Although I currently run a fairly minimal Z15.3 Core setup, which is now reliable after overcoming sound problems. I maybe thinking to try Z16 Lite instead of Z16 Core when I choose to update, but do not want to spend too long pruning unwanted apps, especially any that are essential in terms of dependancies.

I may step on some toes here...
To me, Zorin 15 Lite seemed like a streamlined and faster Xubuntu.
Zorin Lite does not carry ZorinConnect or Zorin Appearance... Appearance settings are handled by the xfce4-appearance-settings app. And I installed kdeconnect which works like a champ.
It does come with dockbarx (which I remove on mine) and the Zorin App Menu.
Ah... other than that... Not a whole lot that sets Zorin Apart from Xubuntu. Aside from a bit faster performance speed - an inattentive person would easily not notice the difference.
It's more what is under the hood that interests me in Zorin Lite than in the Surface apps.

3 Likes

Actually I have been using Xubuntu in past.
But I could not live with this pesky display bug (artificial horizontal line) which they seems not to fix for quite some time.

I used xubuntu and linux lite both on my sons computer- comparing them to Zorin. I have been lucky- never knew this bug existed.

1 Like

It was way before the XFCE 4.16.
I suspect it should be fixed by then, but I've never checked.

Lite 'typically' comes out about what, 2, 3, weeks after??

Impatiently waiting here.. ha

2 Likes

Given the smash hit that Zorin 16 Official release was... I would not be in the least surprised if a swamped ZorinGroup experienced some delays. Just a point.

1 Like

Maybe we could get 'French'ie to put a little 'Press'ure on them, with now being a Community moderator, she wields power. Or she can concoct a brew
to keep them up all night..?

Or go to Storm.... Haha

1 Like

You know me... I can get pretty free with my words sometimes. Somehow... I suspect the ZorinGroup is already feeling plenty pressured.:wink:

2 Likes

Still waiting.... Yes, I'm sure they feel pressure, lots of pressure. But what's more important? Them feeling pressure or my impatient feelings? It's 2021, #allaboutme movement. Although, this self importance over all else started well prior, but I wasn't on board than because I wasn't waiting on Lite...Hahaha
I'm sure when it is released, it's going to be the best. Until then, i'll just enjoy the Gnome version...

1 Like

I commiserate with you, as I enjoy my XFCE desktop On Zorin OS 16.

2 Likes

I've been waiting for months for the Zorin OS Lite 16 Updates. Are there any updates regarding the Zorin OS Lite 16 release? Will it be released this month of September? I really love the Zorin OS Core and Zorin OS Lite, but I much prefer using Zorin OS Lite and I hope it will be released this month. The Zorin OS developers are very good at designing this distro, and for me it is one of the most beautiful distros. I have almost tried all the distros of Linux, but Zorin OS is my favorite.

6 Likes

Hello Prince, :prince:

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

I moved your question to the pre-existing thread where you would get more exposure.

4 Likes

Why developers haven't updated the Zorin OS Lite xfce to 16? There are many bugs in Zorin OS Lite 15.3. I hope the developers will update us if there is still an update for Zorin OS LIte. God Bless Zorin OS Developers. BTW, I recently bought Zorin OS-Pro and it's very good but I still love xfce more.

4 Likes