Zorin OS 16 PRO to Zorin OS 17 PRO

Hello . I bought Zorin OS 16 Pro , Is there the possibility to upgrade automatically to Zorin 17 PRO after doing the payment ? Thnk you in advance

Hi, and welcome!

Normally, each purchase of ZorinOS Pro is valid only for that particular release of the operating system. However, ZorinOS 17 has just been released and there is a case to be made that if your purchase was within the days or weeks prior to this release, you could still be able to change or refund it.

If this is the case for you, look into your email inbox for the confirmation of your ZorinOS 16 Pro purchase. There, you will find an email address that you can reach out to in order to discuss this issue in more detail.

Hello! My question is: about 1 year ago I bought Zorin 16 Pro. Now I want to buy Zorin 17. Is there the possibility to do an automatic upgrade of my Zorin OS 16 pro or Have I to do a manual upgrade downloading the iso of Zorin 17 pro ? In this case: how to manage the manual upgrade ? Thnk you

As per the ZorinOS 17 release announcement:

Upgrades from Zorin OS 16 to 17 will be available in the coming weeks. Stay tuned to our newsletter to be the first to know when upgrades are enabled.

This means that you will be able to update, but the official upgrade tools has not yet been released. You can subscribe to the newsletter or check in regularly to know when it's available.

However, this doesn't mean that you will be upgraded to the Pro version ZorinOS 17. As I mentioned earlier, each version of ZorinOS Pro has to be purchased separately. Assuming you do have a Pro purchase, then you will likely be able to upgrade, yes.

Note that you will continue to receive updates for ZorinOS 16 Pro until April 2025, so you don't have to make that decision just yet if you don't want to.

In any case, we'll have more details once the upgrade tool is officially available, so stay tuned for that.

Tnk you ! . As I mentioned earlier I bought Zorin OS 16 PRO and I WANT TO BUY Zorin OS 17 , So I will wait the upgrade automatic tool to buy the newest version of Zorin OS 17 . Thnk a lot . Alberto

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.