Pop! OS topic / talk / support (all in one)

Thanks for your nice words @Bourne, it's good to have you here around too. Sometimes it's still hard to understand you ... but it's getting better :smiley:. Your trying to help others as well and that is what a community is for.

3 Likes

Watching this video and i am agree with him there is some type IA on mobile,thablets,laptops and of course pc.
The IA is internet and collect many information and learning from us.
That also how people lost jobs because are changed for machines.

I don't game on PC any more but PS4. That said I will probably ressurect ancient windows to play Wing Commander 2 through to 4 and Wing Commander Gold (Prophecy). And some car racers and get the old Fanatec Monte Carlo Steering wheels out from under the dust that lies on them.

Those games look cool! But I'm not a gamer but love graphic and of course music

1 Like

But what I understand is that POP!_os has better support for amd/nvidia and better performance for games right?

That is correct, when i used zorin in august they where on nvidia 470.57.01

When i downloaded the Pop! OS 21.04 and installed it they already used the newer nvidia 470.63 driver. Pop! OS has 1 time not updated the driver (470.74) ... Took them 1,5 month to add but normally within 2 weeks it would be added in the repo.

For my self i manually install those drivers and hate to wait, i installed the latest drivers in windows and i wanted to do the same in linux.

And is it correct that games on POP!_os gives better performance, stability and functions better than on Zorin?

It's possible because Pop! OS uses newer kernels (5.15). The 5.15 kernel does not stutter with 1 game for me that i play alot.

With 5.11 and 5.13 it did a bit

That sounds really good. Then I made my decision for my desktop pc. For my laptop, Zorin is again excellent.

1 Like

Halo 2 (The Master Chief Collection / Remastered / New Textures)

Halo 2 (The Master Chief Collection / Remastered / Old Textures)

I noticed raytracing in many games lately when i play with lutris and steam. I never noticed it in Windows. I wonder if raytracing was turned off somehow in windows.

Sample:

Pop! OS 21.10 got released today

3 Likes

Did you allready do the upgrade?

1 Like

I will upgrade tommorow.

2 Likes

Nice. :+1:

I have old graphic card then cannot test that. This card graphic are expensive.

Wish me luck :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Cool! :smiley: Let me know when you finished it!

Installed! the upgrade went very smooth!

Nothing lost...even my manually installed nvidia driver kept installed

The bugs i had in 21.10 beta are all gone. This one looks and feels great!. I did remove the wine repo from hirsute and installed the impish one. This because i installed wine manually in Pop! Os 21.04, Pop! OS 21.10 is based on impish.
Going to install it on my wifes laptop too (HP Pavilion G7-2310ED), she has Pop! OS 21.04 too. Wonder if the wifi and card reader driver needs to get reinstalled. Wifi card needed a newer driver because it got lost in 21.04 after the kernel 5.15 update. Fixed it by following this post.

2 Likes

That went very smooth right?

1 Like