Pop! OS topic / talk / support (all in one)

Zorin of course. How I could not using him? I bought him and he is worth that price. For my old PC.

1 Like

Are they copy idea a Zorin?
https://youtu.be/Vio5OKjYZuw
What a poor not working. Testing in vmworkstation.

I doubt you're going to find support for flash player. If you have an older version of ie or Firefox with those features it may pan out as long as you use airplane mode and turn off updates on those apps. You could try the wayback machine (internet archive of older sites, usually with downloads). Run at your own risk.

1 Like

You may be able to access some of those locked features by entering an admin password. This usually requires the person to log into the bios but unlocks other features you couldn't normally access prior to seeing a password. Don't forget it though! Only way to recover from that is unplugging the machine and removing the cmos battery.

1 Like
1 Like

-Cheering-

1 Like

They want create POP OS grom scratch? New kernel and Shell?

No, just a forked Desktop Environment.

Something like Zorin. Debian old package>Ubuntu new package ( not tested)> Zorin os fork a stable Linux. I reading new things like a kernel etc. not good. Also new version Ubuntu unstable.

Pop! OS is ditching GNOME! whahahaha. They are creating their own!

Charts are Useless Without DATA.
:wink:

I wonder how devuan or solus will run ... Maybe i try them this week

I know some laptops have motherboard with drivers what recognize some type a nvme not all. Motherboard have a chip where is SSD_DET (ssd - detection)

Also hard disk ssd sata have two type interface old and newest. Some motherboard can see them or not.

Whilst Pop! OS gets rave reviews, aesthetically I can't stand the look of it - even lightweight Distros and lightweight Desktop Environments are more attractive than Pop! OS. If there was only ever Pop! OS and Zorin available I'd go with Zorin every time.

2 Likes

Zorin is old school. POP OS is modern company what trying conquer the market with new trend and refuse some rules from another linux developers.

I wonder how pop 21.10 would be, saw alot of great comments from users who disliked 21.04 and do like 21.10 beta.

Well if it promotes Google like a lot of other distros, like Makulu Linux or Pepper Mint (I didn't try it out long enough to see) I'd rather not.
Why I am not keen on Google period, even though I do still have a Gmail account but that is so I can post Mother-in-Laws meter readings as she has never owned a computer or smartphone and now in her 90's:

Yes I know Google owns YouTube.

1 Like

Today i installed / upgraded my Pop! OS 21.04 to Pop! OS 21.10 beta on my external test drive with 1 single command sudo pop-upgrade release upgrade -f.

The only thing that got changed is the applications menu (sure some apps got upgraded). Here are some screenshots.

They are using the 5.15 kernel in their new toy.

System ram usage is fine too

When the application menu is opened and i open the folder app i need to close the application menu first otherwise because i cant access the folder app (cant even move it LOL. I guess this is a bug, if gnome programmed it like that i will switch de @Aravisian :stuck_out_tongue:.

3 Likes