Zorin OS 16 Webcam not recognized

I was right wondering where's the Devices Manager window like I was used to use sometimes when I was using Windows (too much usage :rofl:) before replacing it with Zorin, I'd need it to change my wireless card settings because connection speed is quite slow so I'd like to change receive/transmit buffer and the scan valid interval, those are the only that I had changed. Then also webcam driver is missing, Cheese detects none :camera: :x: :frowning_face:

Asus K52N

There is no Device Manager application, because Drivers are handled differently in Linux.
In Linux we use Jockey which you will find the functionality of under Software & Updates > Additional Drivers

You can change your wifi settings in your Network Manager application.
In this thread, let's keep things organized and focus only on getting your WebCam Recognized on Zorin OS 16 Core.

If needed, can you please start a separate thread on your wifi settings if you need a hand with that?

1 Like

Useful article here:

If no joy you may want to invest in a usb webcam. Most logitech cameras work out of the box.

2 Likes

I don't see Jockey. Anyway I'd prefer to be able to increase network performance rather than fixing the webcam, I don't know if I'll ever use it, I never needed to do videocalls, neither by pc nor by phone.

Wow, on Windows 8.1 Enterprise that I had before switching to Zorin I remember that the webcam was something named like UVC VGA, this looks for mine, but can it be useful or it's just a tool for something else? I don't understand :thinking:

You can launch Software & Updates with the app menu or with ctrl+F2 and entering in

software-properties-gtk

I could make webcam work by myself :tada: :partying_face: :tada:, I was checking BIOS/UEFI settings and checking devices boot order I saw that CMOS Camera was disabled, I enabled it and when I ran Cheese I saw myself... reverted :upside_down_face:. Anyway this issue is here since I was using Windows 8.1 Enterprise, before replacing it with Zorin OS, and nor Asus team could explain me why camera is reversed, moreover there's no filter to flip :face_exhaling:. Now I have the webcam but still reversed, how great :rage:. As I saw lots of posts reporting webcam not detected should everyone check if their built-in webcam is disabled? Because I don't remember that I disabled it before switching to Zorin OS, is it disabled during Zorin OS installation? This would explain why so many posts about the same issue :thinking:

1 Like

Just a point:
Zorin OS does not (and is not capable of) change motherboard BIOS Settings.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.