Zorin OS 17 doesn't boot after installation, straightly boots into laptop boot screen

I installed Zorin OS Core 17 on the same laptop I installed 16.3 on. After reboot, it doesn't boot, instead it goes straightly into boot screen of the laptop. But when I went to run the installer again, it detects that Zorin OS 17 is installed. Please help.

Make sure you have disabled Secure boot and Fast boot in Bios.

And provide some information about your device like especially what graphics card you have.

Try by editing grub parameter while booting

Let me tell you. I installed Zorin OS 17, and it installed just without any errors. The Live Session also worked fine. But after installation, when I went to restart, it boots into the Boot menu (F12), not Z17. Again, I went to install. That's when I saw that Z17 has already been installed. It's one of my main laptops alongside the PixelBook, as my main Windows PC hasn't been repaired yet. So, please come up with a solution.

Maybe, I'll reinstall Windows 10 or Z16.3 on it, if I have no choice. :confused:

But @littlekun, I'll surely try the tutorial you quoted to see if anything changes.

1 Like

Here is a video guide in case if you need

Did you install as EFI boot or Legacy boot?
These are settings in your BIOS as well that you can check from booting to your motherboard.
In the meantime, I would recommend running Boot repair by booting from the LiveUSB of Zorin:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Boot-Repair

You can relay the boot repair log if you have any trouble with it.

I was having similar issues installing ZorinOS Pro 17 on my Acer laptop in EFI boot. I made sure to disable secure boot.

Zorin successfully installed but when it rebooted, my laptop displayed the "No Bootable Device" error message.

I was able to install in legacy boot and it's working.

If possible may I suggest you install to an external SSD for a number of reasons.

1). If you install both GRUB and the OS to the SSD you can still boot back to an earlier version of Zorin 16.

2). the SSD performance is phenomenal.

3). make sure you use gparted to create a boot partition formatted to fat32, set flags to boot, esp and partition the system to ext4 format.

4). A 256gb ssd can be had for under 40 dollars, although 128gb should suffice.

5). Finally, use Timeshift for system snapshots/backup/restores in worst case scenarios.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.