Zorin OS hangs in the installer and doesn't show partitions.

Ahhh I swore NTFS was way better and worked on Linux. I will test OpenSuse in a moment with FAT32

Oops.. here is your biggest problem.
How come I did not picked it up :scream_cat:

Yes yes.. Sorry for the hesitation guys. :slight_smile:

You will be better served here:
https://forums.opensuse.org/forum.php

My ex was going on about openSuse (and Slackware), but I have no personal experience with it.

I also have no experience and am afraid of losing 1.5tb of files

You made a back up of your personal files before starting installation, no?

Well, my dears. I have bad news, I have tested Fedora (FAT32) and nothing has changed. He did not open the installer.

I prefer to accept defeat guys, thanks everyone.

Note: Samsung/Microsoft are the worst companies I've seen

I tried Kubuntu, Zorin OS Core, Fedora, openSuse and NOTHING.

Just to add something I know.
Samsung is a well-known mobile phone maker and they also produce decent memories/storages.

But they are NOT a laptop/desktop maker like Dell or HP. Dell is also marketing Linux pre-installed systems.

Considering this, I would not be surprised to see Samsung products are not particularly Linux compatible. There is really no incentive for the company to make an effort towards that direction.

1 Like

Yes.. I agree Samsung is a great manufacturer of AMOLED screens and smartphones. But NOTEBOOKS? Forget it, not even a well done bios ago, I regret having gone to the Samsung side of strength in this case.

Samsung notebook comes with HD 100% in use at the maximum even from the factory with account of the bloatwares.

Note: Worse than at the time I bought there was no other notebook brand in stores with a good or acceptable video card.

Well, I believe this is the end of it. I'm really going to miss really being part of a big community that's very welcoming to newcomers.

Again, forgive me for all this and make a waste of your precious time.

If it didn't work out installing Zorin OS on that machine; this does not mean you will not ever use Zorin OS.
Participating on the forum is a very big help on Learning Linux in general, troubleshooting and Zorin OS.

I would advice anyone not currently using Zorin OS to still make use of the forums in order to expand their knowledge and also to provide support for others.
You may use Zorin OS someday.

1 Like

You can always purchase 10 Euro PiZero W to test out the world of Linux. If you ever decided to go that way, I would gladly to offer you my advice.

Thanks for the advice <3

But I don't think I should buy PiZero, I think I'll just wait for microsoft to release Windows 11 and pretend it's the best of this machine...

Will Win 11 run on it? :flushed:

Good question.
The system requirement for Windows 11 is as follows:

Unless MS changed their mind, CPU requirement is as follows:

Windows 11 would not support 7th-gen and older Intel CPUs, as well as AMD Ryzen 1000 CPUs and older.

[edit]
I think the problem would be the CPU requirement. This Samsung laptop seems to have Broadwell (5th gen) CPU.

Well, by the requirements I saw. Yes my damn machine can run Windows 11 than just any linux distro.

I just hope that I can upgrade, and that Windows 11 is 100000000% better than Windows 10

You can upgrade to Windows 11 at this moment if you would like.
You can download the installer from MS update server here:

As with most Windows new os's, there will be things you like and things you don't. It seems that Microsoft is caught up in targeting mobile devices and touch screens. This if course will conflict with laptop and desktop usage that don't have touch screen capability. With most of their "improved" versions you could go back to using the previous ui if you wish. I'm going the same holds true for win 11.

Good guys.

My journey has come to an end.

I managed to install my Ubuntu (in this case Kubuntu), I gave up on the idea of ​​trying to install Linux on my ssd nvme and went to install it on my hd (400gb for my Kubuntu)

This is the screenshot that as my kubuntu is doing, I'm using it to the full when playing cs:go and among other games.

(Yes I'm already using a modified kernel in the xanmod case and I turned it into a windows 11 with kde)

Really, thanks everyone for participating in my gamer journey, maybe in the future try to install linux on nvme.

1 Like