Zorin OS Lite glitched

So basically i closed my laptop lid with zorin on for a while then when i came back and opened it, it got stuck and eventually i managed to restart and then it did but then it got stuck on the Z logo and wasnt loading at all so i forced shutdown then turned back on, and then it somehow went into the boot settings and i just hit enter on Zorin then when it turned on i lost basically every app i installed like chrome, geany and other documents but my home folder with my name is still there and most of my settings as well

But what exactly happened here that i lost all my apps and files
Although luckily i backed up the files before and redownloaded the apps again..

I don't use Lite but perhaps @Aravisian can assist on this one. Might also be useful to install Timeshift to take snapshots so you keep most of your data up to date for recovery.

I cannot see anyway that this is related to Core or Lite. From the O.P., it reads a lot more like a Drive error.

Have you run a S.M.A.R.T. test on the drive or run fsck from LiveUSB > Try Zorin?

1 Like

nope, although i think it was just a glitch on the laptop itself and not zorin, but I'll continue using the laptop as usual and see if it does it again, but i did update the software on the software updater, so we will see if it fixes that.
thanks,

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.