Zorin OS Ultimate / Pro costs and figures

I may do that in a couple of months or so once this new release is bedded down. At the moment I suspect they have their hands full and it's not something I'm going to fall into a ditch over. As we're fond of saying here, 'Keep calm and carry on.'

1 Like

But you have to pay with your shiny new hardware.
There is a lengthy thread about upgrade to Win 11 in this forum. In fact, none of 7 computers we have at home are eligible to upgrade to Win 11.

Thats probably because they are all older then 2018, or lack a TPM module. And MS don't want you to be able to install Windows 11 on older computer's then a few years ago. They claim its all about security reasons but I don't buy it.

And that TPM module that they claim makes everybody so secure that its required? Turns out, the little encryption device is hackable, thats right. That TPM module that is supposed to be ohhhhhh so secure, is totally hackable by hackers, and they can steal your encryption keys and unlock the computer.

In reality, all MS is doing is pushing people to Linux. Yeah sure, they say, you can still use Windows 10 till 2025. But what are you going to do after then ha? Buy a new computer so you can still use Windows? Smart move is moving to Linux, which many are doing.

2 Likes

I have already find a way to override this restriction :wink:
I think I gave a tutorial somewhere in this forum.

But it is not for beginners.

Don't forget that monthly or annual fee for your security/antivirus software you need for windows.

2 Likes

and office 365, not to mention all the other features they are going to be monetizing (in addition to one drive). It won't be right away, but you'll see it come out that you have to pay something somewhere to use your system.

The most annoying thing about windows is the updating system, they eat so much space. I bought a 1tb nvme drive a few months ago, i only installed windows on it. When i looked at smart it said i have written over 700gbs already. Pfffff

Also i dont like the reboot after each update (or forced reboots). Or all the telemetry.

2 Likes

@Aravisian AGREED, AGREED!! For about half of what one spends on a tank of gas is the investment with a return. A night out with that special someone cost lots more than $40 USD. If your worried about price after all these years of shelling out 100 bucks a pop for the many 95, 98, 2000, XP, 7, 10...you sweat $40 :yum:

4 Likes