Zorin OS Updates?

It's gone 2 days and no updates when i run sudo apt update and sudo apt-get update but i have had some update yesterday in Software Store now i am starting to get worried?

There were updates a few days ago but i don't think anything since, what is concerning you? I just did a check on my desktop and laptop (Pro and Lite Pro) and only the laptop had updates for few a flatpaks

Do you mean Software Store in Zorin OS when you say Flatpack :smiling_face_with_tear:?

Yes, FreeCad and i forget the other app

Which other app?

i'm not sure what the issue / concern is here?

I'am accidently almost did upgrade my Zorin OS to Ubuntu LTS 20.04 and i got wrong Repository and i got lucky with help to fix my Machine and now it is working normally i update from Focal Fossa but my concern is that i am worried that i never getting updates but if haven't got one today maybe i should'nt be worried i also got Software Store updates yesterday?

I do not see anything in this that can logically cause the worry. You have the focal repositories. You just have not yet seen any new updates.
If it helps, someone can post when they get a notice of new updated packages for you to compare against - when they arrive.

2 Likes

Ok, yeah there were some updates earlier this week but non last few days. I'll keep an eye out though and update if I see any - Im working doubles this weekend so should be around lol

I received 3 updates today .... Brave Browser .... Vivaldi Browser and Zorin OS Base .....

Jonte ..... some people will get more downloads and with more frequent updates depending on what other apps they have installed I get updates about every 3 days give or take a day ....

I also save a copy of these updates in a file called Zorin Updates so I can go back and refer to it should something go wrong with my system after the update ....

Yep, just ran sudo apt update

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
7 packages can be upgraded. Run 'apt list --upgradable' to see them.

apt list -u

apt list -u ─╯
Listing... Done
chromium-codecs-ffmpeg-extra/focal-updates 1:85.0.4183.83-0ubuntu0.20.04.3 amd64 [upgradable from: 1:85.0.4183.83-0ubuntu0.20.04.2]
libodbc1/focal 2.3.11-1 amd64 [upgradable from: 2.3.11]
odbcinst1debian2/focal 2.3.11-1 amd64 [upgradable from: 2.3.11]
odbcinst/focal 2.3.11-1 amd64 [upgradable from: 2.3.11]
palemoon/unknown 32.0.1-1.gtk3 amd64 [upgradable from: 32.0.0-1.gtk3]
vivaldi-stable/stable 5.7.2921.60-1 amd64 [upgradable from: 5.7.2921.53-1]

1 Like

I only had the chromium-ffmpeg...i don't have all the software everyone else does.

This is what you should notice, it is application updates, not Zorin. A few libraries, if you have them. You may not see updates for a week... depends on what you run. When the system is upgraded, you will be notified. This isn't unusual and should not be disconcerting. Give it a few days, and enjoy the OS. You'll be installing updates soon enough.

I have problem my system doesn't show any updates is there some way to solve this?

The only update i received was from Brave Browser in Software Store?
I haven't got Zorin OS Base update?

When i run sudo apt update i got this below?

sudo apt update

Hit:1 Index of /ubuntu focal InRelease
Hit:2 Index of /ubuntu focal-updates InRelease
Hit:3 Index of /ubuntu focal-backports InRelease
Hit:4 Index of /git-core/ppa/ubuntu focal InRelease
Hit:5 Index of /zorinos/apps/ubuntu focal InRelease
Hit:6 Index of /zorinos/drivers/ubuntu focal InRelease
Hit:7 Index of /zorinos/patches/ubuntu focal InRelease
Hit:8 Index of /zorinos/stable/ubuntu focal InRelease
Hit:9 Index of /ubuntu focal-security InRelease
Hit:10 Index of /stable/ focal InRelease
Hit:11 Index of /patches/ focal InRelease
Hit:12 Index of /apps/ focal InRelease
Hit:13 Index of /drivers/ focal InRelease
Building dependency tree
All packages are up to date.

sudo apt upgrade below?

sudo apt upgrade
Building dependency tree
Calculating upgrade... Done
Get more security updates through Ubuntu Pro with 'esm-apps' enabled:
rpm2cpio libmaven3-core-java libgegl-0.4-0 ant python2.7-minimal
libmagickwand-6.q16-6 libgegl-common python2.7 librpmio8 rpm-common librpm8
libhttpclient-java libopenexr24 libsdl2-2.0-0 libsdl2-2.0-0
libmagickcore-6.q16-6 libpython2.7-minimal libpython2.7-stdlib ant-optional
imagemagick-6-common
Learn more about Ubuntu Pro at Ubuntu Pro | Ubuntu
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

Is there some wrong in my repositorys?

First, what makes you believe that Zorin OS Base updates are pending that you are not receiving?

I hope you have right @Aravisian and i am wrong but is these repository correct or should i wait a day i got Ubuntu Base installed a few day ago
?

Everything looks normal.
I have not seen any Zorin OS Base updates in the last two days, either.

It is updated to Core 22 and some minor Gnome updates related to Zorin Connect. GSM-entry settings appeared in my right hand bottom corner menu's (standard Zorin at my setup) .
So open Softwarecenter and see if you got these entries in your system.
Schermafdruk van 2023-02-24 11-56-42

Core 22 is from Jammy Jellyfish' Gnome-core. That's why upgrading the Linux-firmware on kernel 6.2 is not a reckless and dumb thing to do.

Should i have this?

Normally, yes !