Zorin pro being pirated

In order to maintain focus for the Zorin's sake, posts in this topic were split to Chat of piracy, hardware and Linux distros

3 Likes

Pirated Versions are getting UPDATED and Ppl are leaving after a horrible non-Zorin experience

it is getting scary, HOW are they updating pirated Pro-Isos
To my shame, I did try one in a VM and to my knowledge, it seemed like they did the update in a VM, not the OS, and wrapped it all as an updated version of Zorin-Pro which will damage your reputation because this process will more often than not result in a corrupted iso that either will throw ppl off by not installing correctly or a buggy, laggy OS that will be one's only taste of Zorin OS

Almost all of the Iranian Software websites are putting up a Zorin-Pro iso, they never put up any Linux distro. one step removed are our comrades in Russia responsible; not Russiagating, certain private Russian websites proudly presented the 1st version 6 hours after the official release

Why would someone do this, my own experience

First off IM SO ASHAMED every single Persian dl website have uploaded it
And I mean 20, 30 major ones... We can't buy swear to god there is no way for transactions, otherwise, the concept of violating Copyright is a super important religious matter. What is owed to God can be forgiven BUT What is owed to people must be Paid in full, 1 cent of unforgiven debt to a person is a greater sin than all that is related to God

But blocked transactions aside there's this insane math...

I will try to explain the real COST VALUE of spending 40$
It's all related and in the end, you will be mind blown.
I have an Intel CPU worth 600$ right now in the U.S.
I can sell this in our domestic market for about 3mT
I found a 3rd party website to pay 40$ for a One-Time payment license for some software.
1st, I have to pay 1.5mT for opening a digital account (real money or PayPal or..)
2nd, I had to pay 0.5 as their "fee"
3rd: here comes the farcical part, 1$ = 30T + exchange rate 35T so 40$=1420T or 1.4mT
Sum: (1.5+5)mT as one-time-payment+1.4mT= 3.4mT
Actual Value of 600$ CPU in here < 40$ get it?
600$ = 8 units of Intel i7gen8
it's just... incomprehensible

2 Likes

Not gonna lie, I pirate a lot of movies or shows, my parents wouldn't allow me to buy Netflix or any other streaming service.

I just go to Pirate Bay and install a .torrent and install it with QB Torrent or Transmission.

god im so confused here or there... please kindly delete the wrong one

LOL... I will move the posts over from your other thread and then lock that thread shortly. That may help reduce confusion. :wink:

2 Likes

tnq bro/sis 20 years of computer experience, I dont know fqall about forums. HATED THEM from the start

This got me thinking, why all the forums are the same. There is either this style or another one which is like Arch's Forum?

Fight fire with fire, load Pro Isos with malware and srys stuff, those that wipe the BIOS outa MB and let em feast on em

Kedric, I highly suggest that you stop torrenting. Yes, I understand from a young mans perspective who has no money to buy movies, I was there once myself. But take it from someone who knows, torrenting is not safe, not even in the slightest.

You may have not seen my post about this to FrenchPress. But back when I was on Windows, back in the 2000's, I was doing the torrenting seen back then, and I was stupid, not realizing the danger I was putting myself in.

Suddenly, wam, I got hit by a boot sector virus. My anti-virus programs could not stop it during my session, the computer became unresponsive and basically crashed. Upon reboot, I got NO SYSTEM DISK. Ohhhhhhh noooooo.

The boot sector virus destroyed the boot sector containing the boot information to start the OS. I tried to run anti-virus from bootup disk, but it couldn't remove the virus to no avail. There was nothing I could do.

Because of torrenting, my hard drive became a paper weight. So, my recommendation is to stop torrenting. Do what you want, but like that guy in the Mandalorian always says who rides that animal........

I Have Spoken

1 Like

Don't worry I torrent with a VPN and with a VM it's 100% safe because I also consume the video in the VM, and after I'm done I just get on with my life.

I know that torrenting can get you a virus but I never torrent software 90% of the time, I ussually torrent movies or shows because in lockdown I basically have ntg to do.

PLUS this also saves my dad a lot of money, a show at a cinema is about RM 20-40 which is about $4-10USD per person, and usually you will get drinks etc. Ticket prices are also rising anyway! We don't have money for other things.

HECK, even my mom started torrenting, because I taught her. She said it was a great idea!! So idk will I stop? Maybe not, I like free stuff because I have no money.

I know what you mean about ticket prices. Even way before the pandemic started, the last time I went to a movie theater, was back when the first Avatar movie came out. A 3D movie ticket was at least 20 bucks per person!

Then when you add concessions, 10-dollars for a bucket of popcorn, 3 dollars for a soda, 4 dollars for some candy, holy moly guacamole batman, were now up to, like 40 dollars with tax included!

Eventually, we got our first big screen TV back in 2010, a 60" plasma display, sucker weighs 100-pounds, heavy! And you will be amazed, that TV is still running today, despite all the naysayer's, that said plasma sucks, its gonna die fast.

Well, I will tell you something, plasma displays still look better then your average LED TV today! The biggest drawbacks to plasma's, is they are super heavy, and they use a lot of power, despite them being born in a supposed power efficient timeframe.

OLED TV's are pretty much the only TV's that can really go up against a plasma, when it comes to beautiful colors, and very nice blacks. But, OLED's can suffer the same BURN IN that plasma's can. And OLED's, despite being a technology that has been out for years, really hasn't come down in price much.

My previous TV that I used my computer on, was an LG LED 47" TV. Yeah, well, it didn't last long, bought it in 2015, had to replace it in 2019. So what was all that plasma don't last long? HAHA, yeah right, 2010 plasma TV still going in 2021, 2015 LG TV dead in 2019.

The TV I use with my computer now, is a TCL 55" 4K TV, which is an upgrade from the dead now LG. Also, the TCL TV has HDR as well as 4K, superior technology. And where as the old LG costed 450, the TCL cost 350, talk about value!

No, my TV will never wow the famous monitor and TV obsessed Linus from Linus Tech Tips, cause my TV isn't the latest greatest, most bestest thing on the planet, but it is great for what I need.

So the question I have to ask you is, with all these fancy big screen TV's we got now, with 4K and HDR, do we really need to go to theators anymore, even if there wasn't a pademic? The answer is NO, I don't think so, which is why I abandoned going to theators after the Avatar movie.

You certainly won't catch me in theators today during the pandemic, thats for sure! Oh and BTW, when is that hot shot James Camron ever going to release his new Avatar movies that he supposedly has been working on for years and years? Its like Gabe Newell and Half Life all over again lol.

It is already clear, AMC and Regal's stocks has dropped low. They clearly are dying. Streaming services are the way to go! AMC is now it's in debt, they're going to die soon.

A curious article I read today in online economic magazine.

Housing price is unexpectedly increasing many parts of the world. Apparently people spend way less money on vacation, restaurant and entertainment. At the same time, they work at home and realize that they need more space.

The end result -> more money into the housing market.

5 Likes

Supply chain shortages contributed to this, as well. In the meantime, wages stay the same.

4 Likes

You are so right!

I have a neighbor who recently moved out. She lived in a 1980's home that went through only 1 renovation. This was a very small home mind you, it was probably bought for around 50-grand when it was brand new.

Well keep in mind that the renovation was a giant one, its not like the whole entire house was renovated! If you asked me what the realistic price that house should have been sold at in a much more normal market, considering its age, I'd say 40 to 50-grand.

But because were living in crazy times where realtors are hopped up on cotton candy, that same house I told you about, got sold for 137,000 whopping dollars! Thats right! I would have never paid that if it was me.

But as I understand it, whoever moved into that house, they needed a place badly, and I think they just took it up the behind in the cost just to get a place to live in. I've never met our new neighbors there, don't care to know them.

Were living in Covid days baby, I have 0 want or drive to get to know new neighbors or be anywhere around them. I am fine to live vicariously through the internet on my fancy shmansy MSI GE76 Raider computer lol.

3 Likes

Kedrik really said it best. "I like free stuff because I have no money."

Taking this from a scientific perspective;
Many people would be far more willing to spend the money if it was within their means to do so. The Spanish word for a criminal is "desperado."

Greed is not a Rich Persons disease that only rich people get. Not is it a poor persons.
It is human nature to not understand that there is a Maximum cap to how much we can have that we can also enjoy.
Jeff Bezos has more money than he understands. If you slipped a few million dollars out of his account - would he notice it missing? He gets more pleasure out of seeing the number of accumulation grow, than he does from actually having it.
When those that have-not pirate, it is almost a self inflicted wound.

Even so, Kedrik also raises a different point (inadvertently): Movies are not a necessity. Not a Need. To pirate media is to ensure that someone else slips closer and closer to being a have-not, too. The theaters going belly up; Those are jobs lost. Ordinary people wondering how they will feed their kids, make their rent... Kedrik, as you watch your parents struggle, you do the things that make other kids parents struggle for money, too.

I find these concepts interesting in the Open Source world of Linux. For example, Zorin OS is free and open to all, without need for Piracy. And Zorin OS is lucrative, at least enough, to fund the ZorinGroup, due to the support of those that have and are willing to spend.

2 Likes

Ah, they're going to get replaced by robots anyway :robot:

Greed - and shooting oneself in the foot.

1 Like

And do not forget that musicians are also people. They have to feed their family and pay the rent - said by a wife of musician.

4 Likes

And, I used to be a regular content creator and contributor on Youtube. But because of Youtubes modern policies, I had to have at least 1000 subscribers and 10,000 views to earn monitization. In 4-years of service to the community, I never met that threshald.

So for 4-years I was making video's, spent 150 dollars for a camera, another 100 dollars for a gimbal, 100 dollars for a PRO tripod, several more in batteries, accessories. Never once did I feel like I was being properly appreciated.

Cause at the end of the day, not only did I never meet that unrealistic Youtube threshald requirement, but I had a patreon link, and I never gained a single patreon. The unfairness of the entire system kept me down.

Yet, you find Youtubers like Markiplier and Linus Tech Tips who have millions of dollars, and people just throw them money in which they do not need. Smaller channels like mine who needed it to support the channel, never made a cent.

Oh sure, I had some people who told me they loved my video's, well if they loved them so much, why didn't they support me with a few bucks? Yeah see, thats the reality right there. My ship as I'd put it was sinking.

Eventually, the new COPPA policies went into placem and then I was like, ok this is just too much. Now I have to fear possibly losing my channel to a COPPA violation, because Youtube fooked up, got in trouble with the FTC, and now we all have to pay for it.

Eventually, I just had enough, no support, things getting worse on Youtube. Until Youtube gets a direct competitor that is worth a darn, and you can actually earn money on it fairly, then there is no point. I hemreraged money for nothing.

On the plus side, I still have nice camera's if I want to film stuff. But yeah, my Youtube days are over. When you mentioned musicians need support too, it made me think about how I could have used support but got 0. I still to this day think its completely unfair the way Youtube manages the monitiziation system.

And furthermore its so obviously unfair, when Youtubers who have millions of networth already, and people just throw donations at them in snapchats and whatever else, while the little guys struggle, and some fade away like me.

So thats my take on this world of supposedly people should support the little guy, but reality is, they don't support nobody but the most popular in the world who don't need your money.

1 Like