Zorinos as VM in the VirtualBox

In the vortualBox there is normaly max 128MB Grafik RAM -
the video shows how to do have 256MB maximum possible.

More Installation Helps you find under

1 Like

Das ist korrekt, ich meine vor kurzem, also heute, gelesen zu haben, dass es nicht sinnvoll ist, in einer VM mehr Grafikspeicher, mit der weisen Voraussicht es würde alles flüssiger laufen, zu realisieren. Zumal Linuxe, bei normaler Nutzung, eh nicht viel die GPU beanspruchen, außerdem kann die CPU auch die Last übernehmen, wenn es doch mal an die Grenzen geht.

Ich würde eine VM auch nur zum Testen und für spezielle Anwendungen in der ITSEC Branche benutzen. Wenn die Performance aber akzeptabel ist, wäre es sicher auch ein all-day-operating-system.

Ich würde aber für eine konkrete Nutzung eher auf Dualboot setzen oder das ganze System auf Linux umstellen.

cheers*

That's correct, I mean to have read recently, so today, that it does not make sense to realize more graphics memory in a VM, with the wise foresight that everything would run more smoothly. Especially since Linuxe, with normal use, do not take up much of the GPU anyway, in addition, the CPU can also take over the load, if it goes to the limits. I would also use a VM only for testing and for special applications in the ITSEC industry. But if the performance is acceptable, it would certainly be an all-day operating system. But I would rather rely on dualboot for a concrete use or switch the whole system to Linux. cheers*

Added English translation to bug's post above, to aid the wider audience.

1 Like