ZorinOS Splash Animation missing

Every time I booting, it showing text, not ZorinOS Bootup Animation. I just installed so how I "reinstall" ZorinOS Bootup Animation?

Post the results of:
sudo apt list --installed | grep plymouth

Also check /etc/default/grub to ensure there's no "noplymouth" entry.

I don't have Plymouth boot screen enabled... I uninstalled it. I still have the boot logger portion of it installed, just not the boot screen portion of it. I don't even need to put "noplymouth" in the /etc/default/grub GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT line. The HP boot graphic comes up for a few seconds (that's from the UEFI, no way to turn that off), then I get the text, which is what I want.

This is what I got

WARNING: apt does not have a stable CLI interface. Use with caution in scripts.

libplymouth5/focal-updates,now 0.9.4git20200323-0ubuntu6.2 amd64 [installed,automatic]
plymouth-label/focal-updates,now 0.9.4git20200323-0ubuntu6.2 amd64 [installed,automatic]
plymouth-theme-spinner/focal-updates,now 0.9.4git20200323-0ubuntu6.2 amd64 [installed,automatic]
plymouth-theme-ubuntu-text/focal-updates,now 0.9.4git20200323-0ubuntu6.2 amd64 [installed,automatic]
plymouth-theme-zorin-logo/focal,focal,now 3.0.2 all [installed]
plymouth-theme-zorin-text/focal,focal,now 1.2 all [installed,automatic]
plymouth/focal-updates,now 0.9.4git20200323-0ubuntu6.2 amd64 [installed,automatic]

You don't have plymouth-theme-zorin installed?

If not, sudo apt install plymouth-theme-zorin.

Once you've got it working, if you want some nifty backgrounds, do:
sudo apt search plymouth

That didn't work

Did you check /etc/default/grub to ensure there's no "noplymouth" entry?

Nope. Nothing there

If you change this file, run 'update-grub' afterwards to update

/boot/grub/grub.cfg.

For full documentation of the options in this file, see:

info -f grub -n 'Simple configuration'

GRUB_DEFAULT="0"
GRUB_TIMEOUT_STYLE="hidden"
GRUB_TIMEOUT="10"
GRUB_DISTRIBUTOR="lsb_release -i -s 2> /dev/null || echo Debian"
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash"
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX=""

Uncomment to enable BadRAM filtering, modify to suit your needs

This works with Linux (no patch required) and with any kernel that obtains

the memory map information from GRUB (GNU Mach, kernel of FreeBSD ...)

#GRUB_BADRAM="0x01234567,0xfefefefe,0x89abcdef,0xefefefef"

Uncomment to disable graphical terminal (grub-pc only)

#GRUB_TERMINAL="console"

The resolution used on graphical terminal

note that you can use only modes which your graphic card supports via VBE

you can see them in real GRUB with the command `vbeinfo'

GRUB_GFXMODE="2560x1440x24"

Uncomment if you don't want GRUB to pass "root=UUID=xxx" parameter to Linux

#GRUB_DISABLE_LINUX_UUID="true"

Uncomment to disable generation of recovery mode menu entries

#GRUB_DISABLE_RECOVERY="true"

Uncomment to get a beep at grub start

#GRUB_INIT_TUNE="480 440 1"

GRUB_THEME="/usr/share/grub/themes/zorin/theme.txt"

Huh, well I'm stumped here... obviously something went wrong with your install. Are you at a point where you can easily re-install?

If so, do a full disk check before you install.

I still have installation USB, but I can reinstall. If I do that, I need to reinstall all of my works

That's why I always recommend that people save their personal files on external drives formatted with NTFS, not in the directories provided by the OS... first, if your OS crashes, you'll have a chore retrieving your personal files, and second if there's some emergency where you need to bug out, you can just grab that external drive and go. The files will be accessible on any computer (Windows, MacOS or Linux) you plug that drive into.

I am not talking about files, but configuration. I've managed to run Overwatch 2 in Linux, fully configurate GRUB, settings and other things.

Ah, I see. What I do is record every step I take in setting up the computer to my liking... I'm working on a script that'll do all of the steps in one go. I'm about half-way done with the script (I've got the uninstallation and installation of stuff and some configuration stuff done, but I'm stuck on how to create files and populate them with the custom code I run, such as remapping the hard drive LED to an LED on the keyboard).

try pressing f1 or an arrow key upon boot

1 Like

That's a good idea... also Esc... might be that you've got a stuck key that's removing the Plymouth boot graphic.

1 Like

Try this:

sudo apt install --reinstall plymouth

[Source: boot - How to get a new default.plymouth in Ubuntu 20.04? - Ask Ubuntu]

You may then need to install the Zorin plymouth theme using Synaptic Package Manager

sudo apt install synaptic

:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.