12 hour clock setting?

Settings can be made on Gnome Extensions web page or on Gnome Tweaks.

Zorin menu > Settings > Date & Time > set "Time Format" to "AM/PM".

2 Likes

Sorry for my roundabout advice.

1 Like

THANKS!!! I rather figured there must be a setting, but hadn't found that one. So pleased to have this small, but happy change.

Not a problem, I very much appreciated the assistance so thank you :grinning: anyway.

1 Like

You can add the day of the week via Tweaks in in the Taskbar settings.

1 Like

And in KDE (Plasma) on Zorin you can have it on your desktop:

1 Like

In Zorin 16 Lite, on the screen for "Time and Date Settings" there is no "Time Format" option.

https://docs.xfce.org/xfce/xfce4-panel/clock

That gets me to where I can choose a 12-hour clock, but then I lose the date. That will have to do.

Try selecting Custom format and input:

%a %b %e, %l:%M%P

Zorro, Mr. Magoo gave me this insight and it worked for me :slight_smile: The date shows too.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that those steps are for Core, not Lite.

@ZorroQuest . Can you please edit your forum profile to indicate the edition of ZorinOS you are using. e.g. Lite.

That will help us to avoid offering solutions for Core (Gnome), instead of Lite (XFCE), going forward. Thankyou.

I am using Lite. I did not see any place to indicate I'm using Lite, other than putting it in my initial post, which I will do from now on.

At the upper right side, click your Avatar Icon for your profile, then the Person icon at the bottom right pane.
Click Preferences
Then click the Profile tab near middle top of the page.
You should see an option for Zorin OS Editions.
You can select yours from the drop down menu.

Also, This Post:

Should resolve your issue fully on Zorin OS Lite.

1 Like

I don't know the meaning of "%a %b %e...".

It is just the date + Time format.
Copy
%a %b %e, %l:%M%P

And paste it into the Custom Format entry window.

1 Like

Gday @ZorroQuest ,
It is great you told us the Edition of Zorin OS in your post.
What @zabadabadoo is saying is , to set your profile to reflect your Zorin OS Edition,
As helpers we will check your profile, ( just clicking on your Avatar/name, not going to your profile) This lets us Know how to help. As Core & Lite have different solutions.

To do this,
Please follow this link:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.