17.1 battery life

I try but nothing change.

Yes. I have to rename the title of list and inside or I have to delete it ?

When You now on Zorin 17.1 you can delete the Zorin focal Stuff because it is from Zorin 16. But be careful! The focal Stuff not the jammy Stuff. Look at the Link from @Aravisian below.

With the tuxinvader Redo is it interesting because on this Picture:

There is to see that You have the tuxinvader ubuntu jammy Repo. But on the Output the tuxinvader focal Repo is to see but not in sources.list.d ...

To change sources from Focal to Jammy after upgrading from Zorin OS 16 to Zorin OS 17:

1 Like

Ok so I delete this selected files ?

I already do this. But there are no changes at all.

Yes, that is right. After this make a sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade and then look what Output do You get. Another Thing that you could control is the zorin.list File if there are only jammy Stuff is.

Hi guy's sorry for the delay, lot of work. I format my drive and install Zorin 17.1 but it's the same for the battery, and half of my favorite program don't work or even install. So I try to erase again and re-install Zorin 16. The last how work perfectly.

Strange. I never have this before with other distro.

I keep you posted.

Thank again.

1 Like

The issue with your programs not working in 17.1 might be due to the fact that the default DE uses Wayland. Zorin 16.x used xorg/X11. In 17.1 you have to change to Zorin Desktop on xorg by selecting your username, go to the cog and change from Zorin on Wayland to Zorin Desktop on xorg. Once you have made this change you don't need to keep doing it every time. I suspect that Gnome is also getting more hungry for resources with the latest versions deployed. It is interesting that it is causing havoc with your battery compared to 16. My advice would be that if it ain't broke don't fix it. I think you are still good for another 12 months or so on Zorin 16. Perhaps problems like yours might be fixed by then. It might also be better if Zorin 17.x defaults to xorg and not Wayland for upgraders!

1 Like

Hi,

Maby indeed, for now I put back Zorin pro 16 and it's better. Yes, i'm in X11. I wait and see when I can upgrade.

Thank to all of you and Viva Zorin !

1 Like