2nd monitor can't be detected after restart

Hi all, I'm brand new to Linux just installed Zorin 16 yesterday I'm using 2 monitors and it worked like a charm, but when i boot up my PC now, Zorin 16 just turns off my 2nd monitor. BTW, i'm in dual boot 1 HDD for Win10 1 SSD for Zorin 16. I updated Zorin 16 yesterday and I'm all up to date. Maybe there's something in the update that cause this? Thanks in advance.

Are you using Intel, Nvidia or AMD graphics?
We may need to pull some info from your terminal.
You can open the terminal with the keyboard shortcut ctrl+alt+t
Then enter in

uname -r

and relay that output here...
And

sudo lshw -c video

and relay that here, as well.

3 Likes

uname -r

5.11.0-40-generic

sudo lshw -c video

*-display
description: VGA compatible controller
product: Wani [Radeon R5/R6/R7 Graphics]
vendor: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI]
physical id: 1
bus info: pci@0000:00:01.0
version: e2
width: 64 bits
clock: 33MHz
capabilities: pm pciexpress msi vga_controller bus_master cap_list rom
configuration: driver=amdgpu latency=0
resources: irq:50 memory:e0000000-efffffff memory:f0000000-f07fffff ioport:f000(size=256) memory:fe900000-fe93ffff memory:c0000-dffff

Just a note, my 2nd monitor is always on but when i boot up into Zorin earlier it turns off my 2nd monitor but when i boot up with win10 it works perfectly.

btw, i'm using an AMD build PC

Can you try removing the INTEL drivers:

sudo apt-get purge xserver-xorg-video-intel

Then test. If this does not work, we can try the further development AMD Graphics drivers...:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:oibaf/graphics-drivers

sudo apt update && sudo apt full-upgrade

3 Likes

I somehow found a way to get my 2nd monitor functioning. What i did is just change the resolution on my primary monitor to a lower resolution equaling the resolution of my 2nd monitor ( which is 1366 x 760 ) it was set at 1080P its native resolution, Yes, the 2 monitors have different native resolution. After tinkering with the resolution, Voila! the 2nd monitor came alive haha.

Please close this thread ADMIN. Thank you very much for your help @Aravisian \m/

1 Like