3 problems I hate them in windows, I found them also in linux

u r right, I think it is not suitable for old pc, I think zorin lite as it is considired for old pc,so it may suggest lite alternative apps for steam , apps more lite and enable playing with other online, steam is heavy , and can't allow to lite old game to play online, I love pes2013, it's run very good on my pc on windows, and a lot of other old games that r very very good, I wish i can find alternative for steam can run old games in linux to play online with others.

I don't know how it is in Linux, cause i only dabbled with it and realized the games i play aren't supported... but in windows, if you close steam, it has processes that remain running in the background. I've had to kill these myself before. If i didn't and shut the computer down, it delays the shutdown routine until the process is killed.

The combination of steam still running on the background, consuming resources and a hot computer will make it perform just as you describe.

Open the chasis and clean out any dust bunnies with compressed air. Don't use a vacuum because they are pulled across carpet, causing static electricity to build up. If it discharges on your motherboard or one of the components you will be buying a new computer. Blowing compressed air over the vents from the outside (not opening the case) will just make any dust accumulate in a different part of the computer, possibly causing fire or hardware failure.

While it's open, check and blow out the fans to ensure free movement. Do not use wd40 on them. You can also start the pc and ensure the fans operate. Hold the power button to do a hard shutdown (so you don't have to flip it to turn it off. Replace any fans not working.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.