A page scrolled down (in Firefox) jumps back to the top

Happened after the last update, if I scroll down a page, it jumps back to the top. Using a logitech m510 mouse with natural scrolling turned off. If I turn natural scrolling on, the scrolling is fine (if backwards)

This is a new one to me... But on Reddit others have noted this:

Are you using Nvidia or logging in on Wayland?

Hi-

I'm on Nvidia Xorg. Also noticed my sound was trashed again. Pops and scratches on audio playback.

Seems like turning off "Smooth Scrolling" in Firefox fixes that issue.

Sound is still a mess. Noticed some new entries in my sound control panel:

No idea what they do or where they came from.

Please open Software & Updates and move to the Additional Drivers tab.
Check which driver you are using.
You can check which Nvidia card you have with

sudo lshw -C video

Hi- After switching back to the Nouveau drivers from the Nvidia 520, and then going back to the Nvidia 470 driver, I'm still in the same boat.

My card is a GP106 GeForce GTX1060 3gb.

The 520 Driver is no longer present, possibly due to an action taken in the terminal a while back to block the frequent Nvidia updates,

sudo apt-mark hold nvidia-compute-utils-510 nvidia-dkms-510 nvidia-driver-510 nvidia-kernel-common-510 nvidia-kernel-source-510 nvidia-modprobe nvidia-prime nvidia-settings nvidia-utils-510

A wise Move.

I was reading here:

It recommends the 460 driver.

Pretty sure the problem was with the Firefox Colors extension. Bad behavior seems to be gone at this point.

1 Like

Update- The jump to top of page problem came back. Coincidentally, I had a problem with my wireless keyboard dropping it's connection. I switched to a wired keyboard, still had the scroll problem, bought a new mouse and unified receiver, and the problem has gone away. Seems like it was hardware, not software.

1 Like

Fun how often it is we think we got it solved, until it comes back.

People wonder why forum troubleshooting = hard...

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.