Accent color is not constant, at some places it's red and in some it's purple

In Zorin Appearance I chose purple as my accent color, but in the activity overview and applications screen it's red. I've tried changing the accent color back and forth and it didn't work. I went in GNOME Tweaks and changed the themes back and forth there too, it still didn't work. I can swear it was all purple previously. How can I fix this?

Thanks in advance.

Can you please show a screenshot of Zorin Appearance as you have it set?
Then show Zorin Appearance > Other and show the settings there?
It may help to look at Gnome Tweaks tool, as well.
What I am looking for is a comparison between the Shell theme and the System theme.
This may be an error in the theme itself, or an error in which theme is being read.

Sometimes it can happen that the Shell Theme (desktop, activities, etc) is desynchronized from the Application Theme (GNOME Tweaks, Zorin Appearance, etc)

Because you already have GNOME Tweaks, just make sure you've also selected Zorin Light Purple as your Shell Theme and restart GNOME if necessary.

Edit: To restart GNOME, hit Alt+F2, then type "r" or "restart" and hit enter.

Thanks for the quick reply!
You can see both Zorin Appearance and GNOME tweaks as I have them set in the screenshot of the activity overview. Here's their screenshot by themselves:

The only options in Zorin Appearance > Theme > Other are Adwaita and HighContrast, even when I switch to these themes the activities overview and the applications screen have the red accents, and I can only go back by resetting to defaults.

The only shell themes I had were Zorin themes, I tried them all and it stayed red in the activities. So I extracted /usr/share/gnome-shell/gnome-shell-theme.gresource and put gnome-shell.css in /usr/share/themes/Adwaita/gnome-shell. Then I switched to the Adwaita shell theme in tweaks but there was still the red outline in the activities overview and it also didn't really change anything beside some of the colors.
If Adwaita shouldn't be an option for a shell theme in Zorin Appearance that's probably the reason it's there, but the problem started before I attempted to install it.

I also tried restarting GNOME a number of times and also restarting my computer, but to no avail.

Man, I wrote a super long message and then immediately fixed it. I don't know exactly how it happened, I think I fixed it by turning the "User Themes" extension off and then on.
Many thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.