Adapter Not Found?

Hi,

New to Zorin, I recently booted up my PC (Custom build) and discovered that it's no longer seeing my wireless adapter. I have it dual booted with Windows and it's working on that side.

It's similar to another issue I saw here in the forums, but I wasn't able to get it working with the resolutions provided.

My wireless adapter: Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9260

New to Linux, so if you need more let me know how and what :slight_smile:

Thank you!

1 Like

Hello, welcome to the forum. :slight_smile:

I have a wireless adapter that sometimes teases me too. The thing I do is to power off completely an half hour without any power (pull the plug completely).

Mine are Asus3000 Dual Band - PcE Adapter

1 Like

Which version and flavour of ZorinOs do you have e.g. Z15.3 Core, Lite etc or maybe Z16 Core Beta?

I just did a websearch for "Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9260 Ubuntu" and this came up:

I checked Intel's site about Linux support for this chipset:
https://www.intel.co.uk/content/www/uk/en/support/articles/000005511/wireless.html

It is supposed to be included in Linux kernel 4.14 and later.
The only thing I can think of is removing and then reinstalling this driver.

Don't dismiss my theory. This happens with my adapter after power shortages.

2 Likes

Another concern are reports that wifi is OK with this adapter, although "This device is not working" being flagged under additiional drivers.

It is very interesting.
I notice that sometimes it is easier to install "unsupported" peripheral drivers from source rather than those supposed to be a part of the kernel.

I remember when I had a WiFi card of my laptop in this Limbo. I tied to black list the driver, uninstall the driver reinstalled the driver... nothing worked. Finally I made up my mind and opened the laptop and swapped WiFi card with something known to work.

If it is feasible, the hardware solution is often more straightforward than the software solution.

Definitely the easiest thing to try first.

1 Like

Hi :slight_smile: I'm using ZorinOS Core (latest build). I'll check out that link and see if it works, ty!

Thank you! :slight_smile: I'll try that option as well and see if it works for me.

Well that reduces the field to either Z15.3 Core or Z16 Core Beta. Can you please say which?