Add support for system wide dark mode

Nope not this I know this and already installed it and It is also detecting dark mode

I was talking about that updates line.

1 Like

That is a repository and Discord does not have a launchpad repository to download and install from.

2 Likes

If I do so, my existing settings will remain or loss?

1 Like

I have Brave themes working OK. However, I'm ashamed to admit that I installed it as an rpm. :slight_smile:

Could UncleNo.1 not install it as a deb? See:

Interesting.

2 Likes

If they are saved in ~/.config, they should remain. But you already uninstalled copyq, so if the program folder keeps saved settings in it, that is already lost.

But on Linux, most user settings and configurations are stored in ~/.config, and in ~/.local/share neither of which have been removed.

Reinstalling an application does not overwrite the existing user saved .config files.
Which makes backing up and restoring pretty easy on Linux.

1 Like

Yes I set it up again.

1 Like

I installed it as deb but not working. and even appearance section is broken.

2 Likes

Alien?

1 Like

Yes. Remember that I opted for Fedora? But am running Zorin in VM for app deployment and testing.

2 Likes

Please help me shift brave to dark mode.

Hi @UncleNo.1, unfortunately I am also using an RPM package, but I do have Brave installed :-

I am able to do it properly. According to the screenshot which you have provided :-

It does seem as a bug. But try to scroll down the settings page and then find for an appearance section.

I am using Fedora, and if I switch to light/dark mode, still I have to manually change the theme in installed apps.

May I know the version of Brave you currently have?

2 Likes

Nope not their see this and this.

But you are at least getting an option to change in my case appearance tab is broken However in my desktop chrome and microsoft edge are able to detect dark mode very properly but IDk what's the issue with brave.

1 Like

It is the latest version. Thank you for the video as it solved many of my questions. You may try to re-install Brave once again and check if the problem gets solved :wink:

1 Like

My data will loss or not?

To sync with your fresh install of brave, do the following steps

1 Like

You forgot to mention following steps :slight_smile:

2 Likes

go to settings, then click on sync option

1 Like

over there, click on start a new sync chain. it will provide you a 24 word code.

1 Like

Nope I don't want to sync with cloud so better I will lose my data but I won't sync.

no no it will not save in cloud