Adding an Icon to the Panel that will Allow Multiple Apps to be Stored in it

Not very clear I know but please bare with me ..... a while back I asked if Linux had a program like Windows called 7-Stacks .... you could have an icon on your panel that held a bunch of other program icons that you could open from there .....

Well I found out they in fact do .... I discovered out by accident that Xfce does .... it is called Launcher and there are various other programs by different names available from this website here ......

I chose this one under Honorable Mention ...... DocBarX ..... because it looked the most like the one on Xfce ..... with the little rocket ship icon and all ....

In Xfce if you either right click on the open screen or open the main menu ..... don't remember which as I'm not on Xfce any more .... you will see the Launcher title pop up ...... open that and you are in Launcher ..... I know it works cause I used it .... see photos .... and look at the panel ....

Enough for now lunch is ready ..... later

1 Like

Not sure about how add the folder in the taskbar, But Try to create a folder using this:-

Then Try adding it to the Taskbar :smiley:

1 Like

Aravisian .... check out some of the other Launchers mentioned in the 1st link I posted above as some have a whole bunch more features than the one I chose .... some I did read supported folders and files ..... I just wanted something simple that would just stack multiple apps for one or more Launchers on my panel .....

Anyway when I get ready to install the Launcher on Cinnamon I'll let you know as I need some help .... I tried and it brought things to a screeching halt .....

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.