Adding date + seconds to time

Hi all,

Hopefully someone could provide me with the correct help here. I like to add the date in full ( day month year ) and seconds to the time app right below. How can i do this?

This is a setup in Linux Mint (date in Dutch) but this is what i want in Zorin as well:
schermafdruk_03-mrt-2021_1

Hi @nom001 and welcome to the forum.
Go to Settings>Appearance>Zorin Appearance>Panel
Than scroll down to "Clock and Calendar".
You will find switches to include date, seconds (also week numbers if needed) there.

2 Likes

For Lite, right-click on the time and select Properties. In the new window, at the bottom ("Clock Options") select Custom Format and just below it enter %a %d %b %r. Click Close.

apparently Zorin OS 16 does not have "Panel" tab anymore. So question remains. How to add seconds to date time in the taskbar.

Hello and welcome to the forum :slight_smile:
It seems doable but from the terminal:

I think it is doable without the terminal, maybe try right-clicking taskbar and selecting taskbar settings?

At least not on my Zorin 16 Pro.

It's there: (Z16 Core/GNOME)

It's under taskbar settings in Zorin Appearance>Interface but is greyed out for some layouts. Change to a different layout, go to Interface>Taskbar Settings, add the day, change layout back.

2 Likes

in version 17 it's in the taskbar settings, position, then click on the gear for the "Date menu".

1 Like