There are allot of confusing guides on how to install an HP printer. However the wonderful Zorin Devs have already provided software to add and manage printers...This will help you set-up an HP OfficeJet 8000 series printer connected to your home network (may work for other hp officejet and other model, hp brand printers as well) on Zorin OS 16 (I'm using pro).
- Click your software manager (blue suitcase icon)
- Click the magnifying glass icon (top left)
- Type in "printer"
- Select Printers (which should show up at the top with a checkmark on the right side saying "installed")
- Select "launch" and it will open a new window
- Click "add"
- On the left menu under "Devices" click "Network Printer"
- Click "FInd Network Printer"
- Input your printer Hostname (the printer IP address). The easiest way to find the IP address of your networked printer, is to find out how to log into your router and look for HP under connected devices (if it's on and connected) and it should show the IP address.
- Input your HP printer IP Address and continue
- It will show a few different options in the Devices Menu on the left such as JetDirect, IPP, HP OfficeJet, and something like hp:/net/officejet_your_model
- Select the "hp:/net/officejet_your_model" option, it will show connection "HP LIP" that's what you want, so click "forward"
- It may ask you to select your specific HP model, you'll have to navigate a lengthy list of different models to find yours and select it (if it gives a bunch of options under your exact model, just select the one like "HP OfficeJet 8000" without anything else.
- All I remember for this step, is it gave me exactly two options for driver - one was something like HP CUPS which said (recommended) and when I clicked that it didn't work. I selected the other driver something like 3.20 and then I checkmarked "duplex" because my printer had a duplexer attached.
- After that it asked me to print a test page, so I did and it worked.
If I missed any information (as I'm doing this after being up for extended hours) or you think something should be added or corrected just leave a comment and i'll edit the original post to include that information.