Adding libreoffice-still PPA

Hi guys!

I am a new user of Zorin and I'm in love with it. This is, for sure, the best gnome distro for me! Thanks a lot for the hard work :slight_smile:

I am trying to use the libreoffice-still ppa (LibreOffice Still : “LibreOffice Packaging” team), because I dont like to use the bleeding edge of libreoffice.

Right now the "still" version is the 7.1.7.2 and the Zorin OS repo has the 7.2.3.2.

Since I am trying to keep an older version, every time I update my system the libreoffice turns the newest one. Is there anyway to prevent this?

Just to justify myself, I prefer the "still" version because the newer one's always has some minor annoying stuff. In 7.2, for instance, I cannot put any graphical accent in comments (stuff like á, é, ã) wich is very important for a portuguese speaker. That's why I prefer the slow update approach provided by the "still" ppa.

Thanks a lot for your help! :slight_smile:

Hello ricardostr, welcome to the forum.

I have tried this with firefox but it also works for other apps. You can put an hold to the upgrade of the application by using the command;

sudo apt-mark hold package_name

this will prevent the application from updating. And may you wish to update it use the command to unhold it.

sudo apt-mark unhold package_name

3 Likes

Marked solution. 78

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.