Adding transparency to Zorin Core using Compiz

Hello:
I am interested in adding transparency to windows in Zorin. I have read that it can be done through Compoz config settings.
Please could you tell me how to use it?
Thank you very much.

Do you have Compiz installed?

If not, you'll first have to have compiz, compiz-plugins and compiz-core installed, then compizconfig-settings-manager - in the manager navigate to Opacity, Brightness, and Saturation:

You'll have to set a new rule for windows at the bottom, then select your options - done! :grin:

2 Likes

On Zorin OS Lite, transparency is built into the desktop using the Window Manager Tweaks in the App menu and moving to the Compositor tab.

You can also add App menu transparency by installing and using the WhiskerMenu.

sudo apt install xfce4-whiskermenu-plugin

Add it as an item in the panel preferences, then right click on the Whiskermenu icon on the panel to change its icon, set transparency, etc.

You also can set a custom transparency for Zorin App menu using a custom gtk.css in ~/.config/gtk-3.0/ directory. (On request, I can provide the classes)

2 Likes

For Zorin OS Core, with Gnome, I recommend to check this topic there is set a desktop with the Shade of Z theme that set transparency for the windows and the shell by default, if you only want it for the windows only set the theme for applications and not for the shell.
By the way I'm using Shade of Z theme

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.