AMD Sempron 145 for Zorin 16?

Hello guys,

I have a tower with this CPU

AMD Sempron 145 / 2.8 GHz processor

4 GB RAM

Zorin Will Run smooth with this processor?

Zorin 16

1 Like

I think the quickest thing is you try it out yourself.
There will not be that many people having this vintage CPU.

Just for your reference, I have a 10 years old HP mini netbook with Atom N550 (1.5 GHz) + 2GB RAM. Zorin Lite (64 bit) works at a reasonable speed on it.

2 Likes

Yes i need to try...if works with Windows 10...i think this Will Run.

I Will try and give a feedback

2 Likes

Other possibility of light weight Linux. LinuxLite can also run quite well on my HP mini (just testing at the moment). Not included in the list below, but MXLinux also runs well (tested while ago on the same machine).

1 Like

It is a 64bit processor with a decent speed. This should perform well, zorin 15.3 or zorin 16 beta. The bigger issues may be the amount of ram and what kind of storage you are using. Peripherals (including nics, video cards, sound cards and any other attached "card") are more an issue than processors or even motherboards, depending on the manufacturer and driver support.

3 Likes

Yes i agree with you.

Storage is 1tb 7200rpm ( bootleneck) slow disk.
The rest are built in on motherboard.

Thanks

I dont like Mint (design and UI) works well but this design males me crazy.

For general purpose (internet, documents and bookkeeping) that hard drive won't be an issue. Even if you want to store and watch movies... but if you plan on gaming with that laptop, upgrade to a ssd. Even if you add it as secondary and install your games to that drive, not the entire os, it will be an improvement. Otherwise you shouldn't notice the lag much, if at all.

Just for normal usage, no gaming

Finally i try to install Zorin on this desktop, but hang some times and the image is freezing.

Test with Mint and work like charm, first try :slight_smile:

Almost gone windows in laptops and desktop hehehe

1 Like

If you use Zorin Lite, it should be more smooth and faster than Zorin Core.

But of course if you are happy with Mint, why not.
My sub-machine is running Mint Linux.

1 Like

Yes not huge fan of mint layouts, but run smooth on this desktop.

I will try zorin lite (not have the iso when install)

2 Likes

I think it is because GNOME desktop (Core) demands more RAM than XFCE (Lite). Some people managed to run Core on 4GB RAM but my personal recommendation is minimum 8GB for GNOME desktop.

1 Like