ASUS Zenbook - Space Edition - FN keys not working

Hi all,

I'm trying to find a Linux distri which fits my needs and I found Zorin OS. Downloaded, packed onto a USB stick to test and e voilà - Here I am :slight_smile:

Zorin OS is quite appealing but the following things could be 'show stoppers':

• Not all of the FN keys are working especially the MIC Mute/Unmute (F9) and the camera shutter (F10)
  • Fingerprint reader (ElanTech) is shown but does not really work. After I try to scan my fingerprint there is a message that the device is alrdy claimed by another process?!
  • The 'special' touchpad is not working (numpad on the touchpad)
  • Sound is not working

That's it for the first glance. Any way to tackle the above mentioned topics?

Have a big thanks.

It can be helpful to separate your issues into individual threads. This way, any solution for that issue can be marked and be helpful to other members searching the forum.
Can you please make a new thread for the Sound Issue and for the Fingerprint reader?
I am not sure what you mean by the "Special touchpad" - this may also be a separate issue.

This first thread can focus on the FN keys.

Commonly this can be resolved by adding the grub parameter acpi_osi=Linux.

Please be sure to run sudo update-grub after making changes to the grub file.

Hey Aravision,

thanks for that fast answer. I will create separate threads as you said - Will do this tomorrow.
About the FN key problem: Thanks for your help - But this will work only on an installed one and not with the live USB?

It can work with Live USB if you set the LiveUSB to "Persistence".

I must ask, though... have you tested any of these on an Installed Version of Zorin OS? The LiveUSB relies on generic drivers and while it is good for a preliminary view or trial, it may not be able to employ the proper drivers in its uninstalled state.

Hi all,

sorry for my late answer. Just wanted to give a headsup. Installed Zorin OS in the meantime but the 'problems' are still there.
FN Key for the mic and the camera shutter are not working.

1. acpi-support was installed per default
  2. Added the above mentioned line to the grub config -> No changes

acpi listen states the following:

acpi_listen
0B3CBB35-E3C2- 000000ff 00000000
button/micmute MICMUTE 00000080 00000000 K
button/micmute MICMUTE 00000080 00000000 K

and

acpi_listen

They should differ or (pressed the mentioned key 2 times)?

Could I fix this? Additionally the keys have little LEDs to show the current state.

Hi harvey,

thanks for your answer.

• acpi-support is installed per default!?
  • I tried Ubuntu 23.10 and the keys were not working with this as well, so newer kernel won't help

So I'll just wait - Hopes and prayers :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.