Battery Draining even when powered off

So i charge my Lenovo Ideapad Flex 5 with; CPU:AMD Ryzen 7 5700U with Radeon G GPU: AMD ATI 04:00.0 Device 164c . For an hour or so and it is completely full. I turn off the laptop to go about my day, and the next day it is about 20% lower then what I left it at, how would i go about fixing this.

It charges thru USB C, but i have to have the power plugged in first before powering on to get it to charge. If there is a fix for this as well I would gladly welcome it. So i can just plug it in after the laptop is on.

Hey sup, i am using Zorin OS Core on my Asus Vivobook.
I had same problem, i installed tlp(sudo apt install tlp) and Slimbook Battery(Slimbook Battery 4: application to optimize your laptop's battery - SLIMBOOK Ultrabook, laptops, computers). Battery doesn't drain anymore for me. it last pretty much same as in windows.

1 Like

Glad to know that I am not the only one that has had this issue. Thank you for your response I will be giving it a try and see what happens.

1 Like

+1 for installing tlp
Also check your bios, some laptops have an option to allow usb charging when the laptop is off, this can drain the battery as well, as they system is still running in low power mode to provide charging.

1 Like

Thank you @seanhinkley and @Ctrix both of your suggestions did help me with finding the solution. I did both of them and the battery is staying where it was the day before and not draining anymore.

3 Likes

tlp and preyproject are always one the first non-update related things i install on my laptops

1 Like

The most common cause of a battery that drains fast on a laptop is an old battery that needs replacing. Also, your battery could drain quickly when running resource-heavy programs or when the battery settings are not optimized. Peripherals can also contribute to this problem.
Laptop batteries are one of the essential parts of a laptop. However, they are also one of the most vulnerable. Batteries can overheat and become damaged quickly if not taken care of properly. Overheating can cause lasting damage to the battery and reduce its lifespan.

Sounds good. It shouldn't be the battery. Because the laptop is only a year old.
I usually only use it inside so it doesn't get hot on the battery. just around the cpu some..

Reading this implies your battery drain problem is fixed by way of Ctrix post #2, True/False?

True but i also did the other suggestion of

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.