Battery Not charging above 79%

My friend newly introduced me to Zorin OS. I'm Using on my Acer Swift 3 and i'm loving it. but problem is that when i was a windows user there is a software called acer care that can gives me the ability to charge the battery upto 80%. but when i installed zorin it's keep charging upto 80%. i don't know what to do PLEASE HELP

@Aravisian

Sounds like you need to do some full discharge then full recharge battery cycles to calibrate the battery meter.

3 Likes

Didn't worked Please Help. It's still on charging stuck at 79

This is an old thread, but most information still applies:

If you are using your laptop connected to AC power all the time, then limiting charge to 80% may be advantageous to preserving longevity of the battery. However if it is truly charging only to 80% and you are using away from mains AC power supply, then I see that may be an irritation.
We are assuming it may be the battery meter (software) indicating 80% wheras battery is infact 100% charged. Hence suggestion to run some, not just one, battery meter calibration cycles.
If you are dual-booting with Windows, what does Windows battery meter indicate when "fully" charged?

Here's another thread that may help.

1 Like

I have an MSI GE76-231 Raider Notebook. Its a 2021 machine, in other words its modern. Second of all, because it is modern, it has fancy BIOS. One of the fancy features that it has, is I can keep it plugged into AC mains all I want, and the BIOS lets my notebook charge to 100% some days, other days, only gets charged to 90%.

The fancy BIOS is programmed to know how to govern the life of my notebook battery to extend it. And yes, I've even seen my battery sitting at 80% while plugged into AC mains before too. So if your machine is modern like mine, its probably just battery management.

2 Likes

Continuing the discussion from Battery Not charging above 79%:

UPDATE: I had to format and install Windows and then after installing acer care i turned off the BATTER CARE. then back to zorin now it's charging Fully

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.