Battery 'Not Charging' ZorinOS 16

My laptop has had Zorin 16 Core installed on it today, but when I plug my charger into the port, it says "Not Charging" in settings. However, it appears to be charging and not losing battery whatsoever. It stays at 98% until I unplug it.

Welcome to the Zorin Forum! It is wonderful when the newcomer arrives as that is what keeps the forum alive and thriving. As well as improves our knowledge along the way.

Please include when posting your system specs as this helps the Mods and others when assisting you in a resolution to your problem

System specs:

CPU
GPU
RAM
HD
ZORIN OS (i.e. Core Lite Pro )
Make of Computer
Model

Edit: If your laptop is actually plugged in and yet it is still not charging, the battery might be the culprit . If so, learn about its integrity. If it’s removable, take it out and press (and hold down) the power button for around 15 seconds.

2 Likes

You may need to calibrate the battery - or test the battery sensor (Which is part of the battery, not the computer or the operating system).

Calibrate:
Run the computer until it dies completely. Once it dies, plug it into the charger and let it fully charge without interruption (best method is to let it sit charging over night). Repeat this two or three times.

You may also review your Gnome Power Statistics tool.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.