Regarding the battery life, I'm not complaining, ZorinOS is really... Comparing with others, the battery life is good, but I would like to improve it, now that I'm in class, it's great, so... Yesterday I started to investigate, TLP configuration, (tlpui), power-profiles-daemon, system76-power and little else, I tried to install power-profiles-daemon, but I couldn't, why? I didn't actually find a way to install system76-power, for some reason I only saw that it can be installed on arch and fedora, but not on ubuntu (I didn't find anything). In conclusion, what can I do to improve the battery? Since there are certain things that are limiting me
It was noted on another thread recently that gnome-software was using up lots of RAM and I suspect power too. If you think you have all the apps you need, then remove it.
Some common battery problems are :-
- Battery life starts to degrade after a year or two (especially in notebook computers)
- Most of the battery is being used by background apps. (installed without users notice)
- Battery life is mostly affected by screen brightness.
- OS is Degrading battery life.
- Suspending PC also depletes battery life (majorly in old PC's).
- Restating services or opening or starting app without preload installed leads to additional battery usage due to high memory consumption caused due to the restart of the service.
I hope this will help you identify your problem