Best linux laptop in india

anyone knows which laptop to buy in india if you want to run zorin or ubuntu or linux, please guide! :pray:

Any laptop that runs Microwave Winwave 10/11 will do. Trash Winwave 10/11 and install zorin os 16.

1 Like

what is microwave and winwave?

2 Likes

Microsoft Windows :rofl:

2 Likes

I use a thinkpad t440s i7 12 GB memory, SSD (made in 2014) with Zorin OS 16 core. Everything works great. You could look at getting a used laptop and run Linux on it. That does depend on your comfort level with taking apart laptops and upgrading components.

1 Like

ohh.... :rofl: :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

well thank you! and can you please tell me what is your battery watt hour and how much it lasts?

2 Likes

I have Zorin running on an old macbook pro, my iMac 2009 booted the USB perfectly but will continue with os 10.9 as linux not support MOTU audio hardware, its running on both my server (intel HP studio) and workstation (Ryzen). I'm kinda surprised how stable it is.

1 Like

Well thanks for answering my question !!
You helped a lot thank you

2 Likes

My laptop has a battery but i always use the cable. Without cable i can use it for 1 hour and 30 min. Also depends if your using it heavy or not.

1 Like

The thinkpad t440s has two batteries. One internal and one external. I have gotten around 6 hour of battery life. The most I got was 8 hours. However the external battery is new as of February 2021 and the internal battery is one I got with the laptop and holds ~40% charge capacity. This is my own anecdotal data I would do some research on used laptops and Linux.

1 Like

ohh.. ok thanks

1 Like

well how much watt is your external battery?

1 Like

The t440s internal battery is the standard 23.2 Wh battery, the external battery 47.5 Wh from a third party. The battery wattage is only one factor for the power consumption of a laptop. There are other factors also.

Haa, I know but I am a normal user so it's fine. Actually in 2016-2018 comments linux just gave 3hours battery life on a 52 watt hour battery so that's why I was a little worried. But now I am relieved thank you !!!
Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Changed from General to Chat.