BIOS Time Setting

Been having a problem with my date and time on my screen and taskbar ..... could not find an reason for it so I shut down and went into my BIOS settings .... found out that the Hour setting was blank .... Minute and Second settings were normal so I set the hour to present time and saved & exited .....

Went back to Zorin and was now able to set my date & time which had reverted to US for some reason and now it is where it was supposed to be ..... strange .....

Might need a new CMOS battery?

2 Likes

Exactly my thoughts on this one as well.

1 Like

Lord I hope not ..... I haven't cracked the case on this laptop yet but I'm sure there are plenty of videos on the web showing what I'll get into .... may just wait a bit until it does it again ..... everything looked fine this morning date & time was right on .....

Is it dangerous to wait until it happens again ??????? ....

Thanks Aravisian ..... he is wrong when he says ALL CMOS batteries can be replaced ..... true they can but some like my Acer Laptop are soldered in and the battery has to be ordered and can't be bought over the counter .... I know .... we tried to replace it and couldn't .... had to take it in to be replaced ....

Gonna do some search on the web for my Asus unit and check that out ..... also go into my BIOS and take pictures of what the settings are so if I do need to replace the battery I will know what settings I had changed ...... gonna do that right now before something happens .....

I know I have some messages before the login screen and after the start up screen and I did take some photos ..... but I think they only apply to Zorin as they appear after the splash screen ..... not sure if they show if I open Win 10 first but I'll check ....

Be back in a bit .....

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.