Bitlocker Support

Hey,
I am curious when windows bitlocker support with be added.
All of my external drives have been encrypted using windows bitlocker. I can connect the drives manually, but it is a real PTA. In distros like Ubuntu and Pop_OS, you just plug it in and it will ask for the password, remember your password, and auto-mount if I like. But in Zorin, I have to download extra software and do a lot of work in the command line to get it working every time I plug it in.

Or is there a piece of software that already exists that incorporates this into Zorin's file explorer?

1 Like

I believe that package is dislocker.

sudo apt update && sudo apt install -y dislocker

I have never used it... So I am not sure if any configuration is necessary.

EDIT: Nevermind; I found a guide for setting it up after installation of dislocker:

1 Like

Good question, will be nice to get this in new version of zorin.
Without installation

If you both could create a thread in the Feedback Forum making this request, it may help the ZorinGroup to know about it.

Yea dislocker works great, and I used that to manually mount the partitions, but I was hoping for something like Ubuntu/Pop that just automatically maps the partitions and opens the dislocker-file to a new location. It is just seemless and acts just like a regular external drive, just asks for a password

1 Like

Does the guide not cover automount for the drive so that it performs in the way you describe?
I did not fully read it. Just to be clear... I often reply to threads while multi-tasking and cannot really devote enough attention to things (which has caused me grief a few times).
Zorin OS is based on Ubuntu as is POP_OS, so it seems very likely to me that what you are looking for should be pretty easy to set up.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.