Black Viper - Icon theme

I know some already did this type of icons, but these are my version on how to do it.

2 Likes

1 Like

I'm going to scale the font down with 10% so it doesn't look so compressed.

1 Like

Decreased the font size with 10%, so it looks like this now:
Less crammed.

2 Likes

I have dropped the idea of having text based icons. It's to difficult to come up with 5 letter words for all the apps. So I'm changing strategy and make them normal, but still have the same size. Mini app icons that don't take up much space. Note, that this only works when using Plank.

4 Likes

Yes, they looked incredible... But probably impossible.

1 Like

Maybe for more predictable things like emblems or default directories (pictures, videos, etc). I personally like this way much better with icons, this one looks really elegant

3 Likes

Thanks to you both. I may release this icon theme, because it was original built for personal use. So there's only going to be a Gnome version at current time.

It also occurred to me that a text based icon will only work on icons large enough to read.
On Cinnamon Desktop for example, the default is 16px in the application menu. I always go into the javascript file and change that to a larger icon size. But many users do not know that they can do that and stick with whatever the default is.

1 Like

I'm closing this thread as it's dead project.