Blue tooth adapter not recognised -Zorin 15.3

mmm Doughnuts...

linux-headers

Your selection is on "all" instead of on "linux-headers" in the screenshot.

Just checking!

Can you scroll the list toward the bottom?

Instead you might try sorting for a better view of the packages which you have installed. On the S column, near Package column, click it. Then scroll all the way to top... or bottom, depending on how many times you clicked it :slight_smile:

1 Like

are you reading my mind?

:exploding_head:
...mehbeh...

I also eat them if you don't mind.

OK, but I'm not sure how that helps?
I can scroll up or down anyway.
I was looking for a way to either shrink the page or select all and copy.
Seems not???

I was hoping this would be easy... but with so few entries listed, that would be a lot of scrolling. You can do similar in terminal:

apt search linux-headers-$(uname -r)

I need to find a Good Source for Downloading the headers, image, modules and Modules extra...

Ok, thx for that.
I'll move on.
Thx for contributing anyway.
Catch ya next time maybe.

@Bicyu I did exactly what I suggested you do?

In addition to Aravisian's command, you can also show all installed linux-headers packages with dpkg -l | grep linux-headers... maybe this helps?

1 Like

I have a feeling I have been here before as this red out is familiar~

Sorting... Done
Full Text Search... Done
linux-headers-5.11.0-051100-generic/now 5.11.0-051100.202102142330 amd64 [installed,local]
Linux kernel headers for version 5.11.0 on 64 bit x86 SMP

I came to the conclusion Thursday that I have the latest available?

From the Zorin Repository, yes.
As you are on Core...
Might I ask...
What is halting you from goin up to Zorin OS 16?

I tried it, felt too, uhh, dunno, homogenised maybe?
Too much like Windows?
In Core I can set it up the way I want using Tweaks - in 16, tweaks is castrated and my options are more limited.
I like the feeling of more subtle control Core gives me.
You know, sometimes you like a distro, sometimes. ... well I felt the same with the green one. (forget its name now)

1 Like

Also, I have about 6+ years worth of work store here, I run a separate home, and don't want the hassle of losing stuff in an upgrade.

1 Like

Anyway,coming back to headers, my reading of INTEL's site for the AX 210 suggests kernel 510 as minimum, so, in theory, should not the BT work also?

Seems the system is reading the INTEL BT card, I KNOW it worked previously so I am befuddled.

I have huge respect for you over the many years we have worked together, but, is the kernel really the issue?

As I understand it (And I almost posted this to @ajo001 earlier but was too lazy), the first kernel to have support was around 5.10. But it was spotty.
Then there were regressions.
For many, 5.10 worked and 5.11 did not.
5.12 did not.
5.13 did.

I do not know why. Maybe those in between kernels needed something that took a while to get to fix up what was spotty in 5.10.

Respect is fine, but do not take my word as The Final Authority.
I can be wrong.
I admit, on this one, I am confident that the kernel is the issue as nothing else can really make sense. I have been quite confident and wrong before. So please do pay attention to other suggestions offered.