Bought a Canon PIXMA TS3522 Printer, need help installing, have been trying for hours

@swarfendor437 , The driver you uploaded didnt work either. However vuescan does work surprisingly. But as you said its got a watermark. And I dont have the $25 or $50 to pay for a subscription unfortunately. However, I did try NAPS2 scanner program which is free, and its giving the same error I got with all other scanner programs, it scans the document but gets error afterwords, BUT i got an error log, which i think could help us pinpoint the problem.
Here's the error log:

Has VueScan moved to subscription now? It used to be a one off lifetime payment with free upgrades.

1 Like

No, sorry for the misunderstanding. its a one time payment, thats what i meant. Also, I'm unfortunately going to have to return this printer because it wont print borderless photos OR paper whatsoever beyond small 4 inch by 7 inch. I make a living off of printing stuff that is borderless and 8.5 inch by 11,etc.

I had a very powerful & awesome HP photosmart that was 10 years old, but weeks ago one of it's small cheap, horrible, negligently designed plastic gears became stripped inside. Took me many hours to open it up and fix it, but the ink tubes inside that carry the ink, there's about 8 of them, i think some of them got disconnected. So it prints horribly now.

I think i'm going to get a HP Envy Pro or HP ENVY Inspire.

1 Like

Historically, Canon was the only manufacturer of inkjets that provided true borderless printing. On HP you had to mess with some settings to achieve the same which is why I have always stuck with Canon.

1 Like

Interesting, thanks. Well, the only printers available nearby, and not online, are the Canon PIXMA TS3522(which I bought); the Canon PIXMA MG2522;
and the HP DeskJet 4152e All-in-One Color Inkjet Printer.

And all of them cant print borderless printing I just found out. I never knew a lot of them didnt, I never knew to check that.

I will say this though, the Canon & the Epson have a darker, richer black ink than the HP I've clearly noticed, which is important. I'd say HP & Canon are the best so far though. Supposedly Brother is by far the best to use with linux, but since I have no experience with it & I have very specific important things I need my printer to do & depend on it to do, I dont have the money or time to venture into Brother printers right now, but otherwise Brother would be my 1st brand I would try.

Just found this interesting nugget on TurboPrint forum:

https://www.turboprint.info/support/viewtopic.php?t=7438#top

If you only want borderless with Canon TS series, it can't do custom sizes, but Standard predefined sizes no problem. The other issue you would have had is the fact you don't have separate colour inks like you do on higher end TS models. Mine has an extra blue, Photo Blue.

1 Like

Yep, and I'd prefer separate color inks. But mine dont have that.

2.) You said: "If you only want borderless with Canon TS series, it can't do custom sizes, but Standard predefined sizes no problem."

I dont know what you mean by this. The canon i got can only do very few borderless, only photo size, 4 inch by 7 inch. What r u trying to say? that mine can do even more if its predefined, what does predefined mean?

Supported Paper / Media Sizes

Cassette: LTR, A5, B5, A4, 4" x 6", 5" x 7", 7" x 10", 8" x 10"
Custom Size: 3.5” - 8.5” / Length: 5.0” x 14.0”

Source: https://www.usa.canon.com/shop/p/megatank-maxify-gx2020-wireless-home-office-all-in-one-printer

On a Canon user Linux forum someone stated they wanted to use 5x5 inch paper but not possible to do in respect of borderless printing. Guess it depends on which model you go for.

It's a shame the TS range that we have in the UK is not available in the US.

1 Like

what TS range/model do you recommend for borderless? i might be able to find it online, amazon or ebay.

Well I've been happy with the TS-8151, but if I'm honest I've only used borderless in Windows. It is extremely annoying that Image Garden et al software is not available to Linux users.

1 Like

I've found some canon printers similar to the TS-8151. But, I'm also hesitant to get another Canon since this one i got, its scanner is malfunctioning to where I cant even use it with Linux.

What I need is a printer that will print 8.5 by 11 inch borderless. I actually want to get a printer that can printer 8.5 by 22 inch borderless, very large landscape photo. I wish i could've seen if my HP Photosmart could do this before it broke, it likely could have, it was highly customizable & powerful. I also need it to not have merely 2 ink cartridges. And if it could print on DVD's/CD's directly that would be cool too.

HP stopped making DVD/CD Printers in 2010, and so did Brother. So only Canon and Epson currently do. I wont buy any Epson ever because I bought one long time ago and its got a widespread inherent design flaw & I wont ever buy it again.

I don't think there are any A3 printers that have CD/DVD printing:

An alternative option is to use template software:

But I think this is Windows based software. So, gLabels would be an option:

My TS-8151 has a cd label tray stored under the cassette drawer but max output is A4.

1 Like

@swarfendor437 , hold on. A3 size is 11.7 x 16.5 inches.
I only said I want a printer that can print borderless 8.5 by 22 inch.
And yes, I appreciate the label advice. I already know about printable label stickers. There's pros & cons to them, they are hard to use,adhere and bubbles can happen.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.