Broke my Zorin Connect, how do I reinstall or fix it entirely?

So I was using Zorin Connect on Zorin 16 Core just fine for a while. I use a Samsung Galaxy A51.

One day, my phone no longer connects to Zorin 16. I try adding my laptop again by the local IP address (192.168.1.x) from my phone's end. No luck.

I tried uninstalling Zorin Connect and using KDE Connect instead, but that doesn't work. Then I try reinstalling Zorin Connect and now it keeps crashing every time I click "Next" on this screen.

How do I fix my Zorin Connect install in its entirety without reinstalling my entire OS? I have no clue how this program works and what dependencies it uses.

Try this and reinstall:

sudo apt-get remove --purge zorin-connect

If it is already uninstalled

sudo apt purge zorin-connect

then install again

1 Like

Still no luck after trying this. Apparently Zorin Connect also has a GNOME extension of some kind that also works with it. Do you know how I could reinstall/purge that too?

You can remove the extension using synaptic and install it again. But I am not sure if this will solve your problem.
Package name: gnome-shell-extension-zorin-connect

1 Like

Yep, that's it.
Or you can use the reinstall command:

sudo apt install --reinstall gnome-shell-extension-zorin-connect

Make sure you remove kde-connect.
Ensure that your firewall is off or if on, configured to allow the ports.

sudo ufw allow 1714:1764/udp && sudo ufw allow 1714:1764/tcp

The above should work. If it is not, then I think we may be barking up the wrong tree.
Check your Device settings on your phone- an update may have changed a setting.

1 Like

Yeah, I forgot to mention about that. Maybe you turned on the firewall and then zorin connect stopped working. It happened with me.
Another thing that you can try is going to the settings in your phone then go to Apps->Zorin Connect and then clear all data.

1 Like

This did it. Selecting all three installed applications in Synaptic Package Manager that match the search result "zorin-connect" and marking them for Complete Uninstall (and then reinstalling them again through Synaptic after a reboot, followed by restarting GNOME with Alt+F2 -> "r") fixed it perfectly. It works again!

Thank you so much for the suggestions! @Elegant_Emperor @Aravisian


This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.