Brother Printer cannot connect

iam trying to print on brother MFC-J985DW.
Followed the direction on Zorins page and installed the cups driver but it still cannot connect to my printer for a test page or anypage.

The scanner works fine and didnt have to install anything

Is this the drive rtha tyou installed?
https://support.brother.com/g/b/downloadend.aspx?c=us&lang=en&prod=mfcj985dw_us_eu_as&os=128&dlid=dlf006893_000&flang=4&type3=625

Yes.correct thats the one i installed

@redace ,

I am using Zorin 16.3 Core.

I have a different model Brother printer but, I have found that installing the .deb drivers for one's particular printer works best (May not be the same for other printer manufacturers) I followed the instructions on the install tool as well as downloading every driver that I needed.

Download all the files related to your printer. The install tool will be used to install all the drivers/files you need.

The page for drivers for your printer should be at:
this page

The first thing you will need to do is unzip the install tool. To do this in terminal (this is an example illustrating how to unzip files for my printer):

gunzip linux-brprinter-intaller-2.2.3-1.gz

then, after the above is done:

sudo bash linux-brprinter-installer-2.2.3-1 MFC-L8600CDW

and follow the instructions in terminal. Answer yes to the following questions, one of the first has to do with the Device URI. Answer yes to that, what it should give you in terminal is a list of options to enter your IP address. I always choose 10 because you just have to enter your IP address and nothing else, also answer yes to a test print and yes to install the drivers on your computer.

Usually, this should work for you too. I hope this helps you out.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.