Brother Printer Drivers

I'm still having on again off again Brother DCP T500 W driver printing problems ..... some solutions from the board Q & A work for a short time but then it reverts to not printing again ....

I have a very detailed photo copies of how my Printers Localhost is supposed to work but as soon as I shut down ...... the next day the Localhost reverts back to the CUPS default ..... :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Today I was reading a thread of someone have a printer problem and they were told to go to the products website and search for drivers for Linux .... which I did for my printer and I came up with some choices for Linux ..... I'm not sure what to use but I would like to stay away from CUPS if I could seeing as all the problem I have had with it ....

I'm not sure which of these would be best .....

*[LPR printer driver (deb package)]

(2 languages) This is LPR printer driver.

*[CUPSwrapper printer driver (deb package)]

(2 languages) This is CUPSwrapper printer driver.

Please see all the choices I have in the photos below ..... I'm running 64-bit not 32 .....

This is what my Printers Localhost Looks like now ....

Drivers from Brother Website for my printer ....

I'm using the CUPS printer with my Brother Laser printer.
I've reserved an IP address for it on my router, and have entered it in my printer settings. This seems to work for me. Not sure how you connect, but if it's a network printer, give this a try.

1 Like

Thanks .... I'll give it a try a bit later on today ....

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.